Can Girls With Short, Stubby Legs Pull Off Wearing Shorts?

I haven't worn shorts since I was 8 years old because I've been so self-conscious about my legs. Where I'm from, almost all the girls have long lean legs...and mine look so much different...and shorter that I'm afraid people will laugh. And I know I shouldn't care what others think...I guess I'm mostly worried that I'll gross my boyfriend out.

It's just so hot this summer! I can't stand wearing pants anymore...So does anyone have any tips on how to make shorter stubby legs look descent?

Here is what my legs look like: Thanks : )

Most Helpful Girl

• Ironically, when I asked this, people were quick to kiss my ass and tell me it's fine to wear shorts with stubby legs & now they say different

Weird how users on here kiss ass when they think it'll make the QA feel better

But your legs don't look stubby. In fact, they're thin and this is all in your head

• Yeah...that's sort of what I'm afraid of...I don't want people to lie to me...cause I don't want to embarrass myself...

IDK...maybe I just have really low self-esteem...but thanks for your help.

• Your legs look find and the length of the shorts you're wearing are perfect. You don't want shorts that are too long, cause then they make your legs look shorter(although bermuda shorts tend to compliment every height/leg type). They look fine cause the length is good

• : ) Thanks

What Guys Said 6

• Personally, a sun dress would look better, but I would be offended by short legs. I just think a sun dress is a better match for shorter legs, plus it allows a girl to stay cool during the blistery summer months.

• Wait...you'd be "offended" by short legs? Do you mean to use a different word?

Yeah...maybe I should stick to sundresses, then...good idea.

• When I say offended, I wouldn't be like, oh my gosh, she needs to wear only jeans or sun dresses. I'd just think to myself, with her shorter legs, she'd look better in something other than shorts.

• Lol@ being "offended" by short legs. QA your legs look totally fine. Not stubby

• The picture doesn't show up in your question. Are you trying to use the a html= code? I don't think it works on here. just paste the url

• Sorry...now it works.

• hmmm there's no link.

But I'd say if you don't feel you can do shorts what about skirts?

• I just put up a link...sorry

• Okay, see it now. Nah I wouldn't worry, your legs look fine in them. I might suggest a steeper heel but otherwise no problems from my perspective.

• Thanks. I'll try a steeper heel. : )

• You look hot.

• You look good in them, your legs look great. Nothing to worry about, wear them.

• yeah, but it may not look the most attractive.

What Girls Said 4

• your legs look fine,they're not stubby,wear shorts if you want to

• if snooki can do it so can you

• My legs look 10x more stubby than yours! You look great!

• Your legs are great. Wear the shorts.