What is exactly the look when you're in "shape"?

I know what to be in shape looks like, but what exactly does it look like? Is it toned muscles, body is all muscles no room for a little of jiggle? Help me understand the definition.

Provide pictures if possible. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Based on what I have seen the phrase in shape is a general term used for people who are thin, not necessarily toned. I have also heard it used to describe someone who is "tight" no jiggle anywhere. I have also heard the term used to describe people who sometimes do have muscle tone but not necessarily muscle. I have also seen a fit person described as a person who runs a lot, someone who's cardio allows them to run practically forever. People like that don;t necessarily have muscle tone if running is all they do. Fit can also mean someone who is as big as Arnold Schwarzenegger who can lift something as heavy as a sun.

I hope my understanding and opinion of the situation has helped a little.

What Guys Said 3

• In shape has a wide range... are we talking toned, ripped, muscular? What?

• in my opinion, it is when you can do activities

Without tiring out quick.

• Its something like being lean, with toned muscles.

What Girls Said 1

• It's different for everyone. Everyone has a different body type and just because the girl over there has like the Victoria's Secret v-abs, doesn't mean that everyoen has it. I have the straight down abs and no six pack. I have seen some girls with six packs (kinda weird though). Just remember, it's different for everyone. Push yourself to the max and you'll find the fittest you can be. That's what I did.