Would you agree that most girls aren't fit and don't have toned bodies?

It seems that most girls don't look that great in bikinis. They have flab here and there and most of them don't have toned areas at all (ex: defined abs, toned legs and arms, flat belly). I'm not referring to the Victoria's Secret's body range here, but to a plain, fit body.

I'm 5'7" and 125 pounds and I swim and run (8-12 km) 4 times a week. I'm in great physical health but I still wish to improve my figure. I can't help but feel like I should tone more and lose more weight (5 more would be plenty). My boyfriend is 6'1", athletic but only 150 pounds, so I feel motivated to be in the best shape I can to keep up with him.

I'm not here to brag, but because I worry that my personal standards in body shape and fitness might be too high. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth putting so much effort into it if most guys don't expect a female to have a very toned body anyway. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your personal standards in body shape and fitness are probably too high, but keeping in shape is healthy.

Yes, most people aren't in shape. It is a quality that is rare and admirable. Just don't forget to work your mind as well. That's equally important.

What Guys Said 8

• Most Americans both men and women, are overweight or obese. Two thirds of American women are overweight or obese. In my local gym, the male members outnumber the female members two to one, plus the men are in better shape overall. Honestly, I believe a majority of girls have completely failed to take care of their health, much less made themselves unattractive to date. It is really tragic. Both parties should stay in shape.

• You can look around and see how that is true..even the ones who aren't fat are pretty unfit and can't walk up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing!

• Unless I've heard wrong, most people in America are overweight or at least big percentage so yes. Most girls don't look that great in bikinis.

• Most people in general aren't in good shape.

• biologically and evolutionary wise- they're not supposed to be nor required to be.

• yeah I agree with that

• It's not really necessary. The biggest turn off would be if you were packing a gut. That's a pretty big buzzkill. That's not to say you need a flat tummy with abs either.

• i would say stay in shape because you want to look good and maintain a good health not to show off to others

What Girls Said 2

• The average female in America isn't even within the healthy weight range for their height and frame(same goes for guys).

I do think the girl who is fit and in shape will get more attention and be more appreciated in this day and age simply because women nowadays just don't care about their appearances. Most aren't fit and don't have toned bodies and look bad in bikinis and whatnot. They tell themselves it's all about confidence but confidence doesn't fix out of shape or unattractive

I think it's worth it, because the effort you put in will keep you in tip top shape physically. Worth the effort and good for your health to be in tip top shape

Don't be one of these chicks link

• Yeah, I agree.