Why do you think girls get hotter when they get into relationships?

I have seen this many times, it seems that girls that are in relationships are hotter than the ones that are not, or that somehow before they were not as good looking and somehow they get into a relationship and become attractive.

Does any body notice that too?

What is with this "you want what you can't have?" That is bull! I like a girl because the way she looks and talks, not because she has a boyfriend...women men don't work like you

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah all the good ones are taken, aren't they? This could be because of a number of reasons I suppose, here are a few:

1. She is more confident when she is in a relationship so her beauty radiates through more.

2. People want what they can't have, so if something is taken it is instantly more 'valuable'.

3. She may be dressing up better or getting in better shape because she wants to look good for him.

4. She may be more active and happy, so she will look more youthful and at peace with things.

What Girls Said 12

• i see this quite a bit as well. I think that it is because the girl has something. when a person has something they try their hardest to keep it. men, like all humans, are very visual creatures, there for they like their girls to look good. not cakey but nice. so then the girl tries to look her best because she wants her guy to keep his eyes on her. at least that's my theory.

another possibility is that she feel's better about her self. she is happy. and it's the happiness and how pleasant the girl is that translates into her being more attractive than before if she was not as happy.

hope I helped

• I have not observed the same thing. But if that is "true" according to your observation then there could only be one logical explanation. The girl now has reason to be all dolled up and dressed up (to impress her bf).

• It could be one of a few reasons:

- She has someone to impress now so is caring about her appearance more.

- She may be smiling more, which makes anyone look more attractive.

- You subconsciously are looking for what her boyfriend is attracted to about her, so you are noticing more attractive things about her.

• It's the "want what you can't have" principle.

• Yeah, like others have said, you want what you can't have. I get a lot of attention now that I have a boyfriend, whereas I never got any beforehand, lol

• well I can't say that for the men, they let themselves go if anything,research shows link

• not all of them but I think self esteem is the key here

when a woman is in a relationship her self esteem is high to touch the sky ! now she has someone that appreciate her beauty and make her feel precious

but when a woman is single ( I repeat not all of them but most of them ) her self esteem is low to touch the ground ! she thinks no one likes her and no one appreciate her ,

that's what I think ,

hope that helps!

• how do you know most?

• 'but when a woman is single ( I repeat not all of them but most of them ) her self esteem is low to touch the ground' - Not true, the majority of girls are not insecure. Maybe in one or two aspects of themselves but not in everything. Even if they are having a boyfriend doesn't necessarily get rid of all their insecurities either.

• I've noticed it. I think it's because they care less what they look like and aren't trying to impress anybody. They act more themselves. Not that girls become complete slobs they just don't try as hard.

• My theory is that it makes the girl look desireable. If someone wants her, and you don't immediately get why, it's kind of mysterious. Like, what is so awesome about her that he had to have her? Just my guess.

True story though, I always get hit on more when I'm in a relationship.

• I think it all depends on the relationship really some are more laid back.

Really depends on the person.

Maybe it has to do with becoming more confident with them self-- being with someone. In a way its part of being accepted. And to have the feeling or knowing someone actually cares for them makes them feel the need to care for them self more. - its like a vibe you would get off a person that they are very sure of them self.

Or they could just be girls that are really into them self and care of what others think, so they feel the need to look a certain way.

It's not really something that can be answered cause not all relationships are good ones.

• I think it's the opposite and most females would probably agree. People tend to relax in relationships and stop caring about their looks/weight. I can't tell you how many girls I've seen gain major weight after getting into a relationship... And now that I'm thinking about it I can never remember seeing a girl lose weight after getting in a relationship. Personally I'm really high maintenance and put together and thinner than most girls I see in relationships. And somehow I'm single. BUTTTT... Let one guy ask me out and then it's like the flood gates let open and I keep getting offers. So I would agree with what the other girls said about the "want what you can't have" even though you think it's wrong.

• Why would I want something I can't have?

• I put more thought and time into my answer than half the answers here...so why down vote me? If you've already made up your mind as to the reason then don't ASK for people's opinions.

• no I listening to your answer, it doesn't mean I agree with it though, therefore why I am refutting it because I want to understand that more, maybe I am wrong?

• Cuz sex makes you look hotter

What Guys Said 9

• IMo it's the phermones that females radiate from having regular sex.

I've had a similar thing happen to me. The day after I had sex with my girlfriend, I was getting more female attention than normal.

I google'd it...and it made sense.

• they're getting laid regularly so they are often relaxed and confident.

• re update: okay let's say you are able to ignore / tune out her unavailability / scarcity, but she has no intention of doing same. Quite the opposite - the way she carries herself, the body language, the voice, etc., all benefit from the validation and support of being in a relationship.

• no. it's just your imagination. if anything they get worse.

• because usually they are the good-looking ones

• Confidence builds up.

• So I've heard.

• It's not that they are hot but because they belong to someone else. In that sense there is a need for competition between males.

• I guess their emotions get more intense and put more effort into looking good

• no they definitely get worse.