Stretch marks and really low self esteem. Questions.

This could be long, sorry. So about a year ago I put on about 15lbs and have gained a load of stretch marks too. I am still considered a healthy weight for my age (18) and height at 125lbs, but I want to lose the weight again. But, I'm really worried I will get more stretch marks. Do you think I should still try to lose the weight and get fit? Or how can I try to prevent more? Also, would a guy not date me because of them? I feel really low about it at them moment, like I will never get a boyfriend and that I am a disappointment. So some advice would be great, thanks.

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Girl

• it's normal to gain weight and get stretchmarks during puberty-your body is just developing,mine faded within a year,now they're just white,if I got a tan (not possible with my skin tho) they wouldn't even be there,just wait it out and remember to exfoliate and moisturize your skin,put some olive oil on them too

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Wow! You know who cares about stretch marks? Girls. Guys don't care, really! I don't know an dudes that care about that crap. If a dude does, then forget him because he is a douche. As for your weight, if you are healthy, then don't worry about it. 125 pounds is a healthy weight. Don't read so many damn cosmo magazines or whatever with tiny chicks in them. You don't need to change, and if someone tells you that you do, f*** them.

1|1
    0|0
  • Skin stretches on the way up - not when you become thin again.

Getting fat and not fit is what gets you stretch marks and cellulite etc (more / sooner than natural)

So lose the weight

They make a lot of products for post-pregnancy to deal with stretch marks; you can look into those

0|0
    0|0
  • First off you need self-esteem. That's absolutely crucial. Now do you want to be overweight with stretch marks, or a nice body with stretch marks? Pretty easy answer if you ask me. But if you have a nice body, guys won't focus on your stretch marks. You need to realize is that they're not as big of a "flaw" as you think they are. And most guys don't even notice.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Don't worry about stretch marks lots of other girls have them.For exaple most of my friends have it on their boobs but sadly I'm skinny more than them and I have it on my thighs and butt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'2 and weigh 100lbs and have stretch marks they're really not that bad it reminds me of a tiger

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry guys know its normal to have

0|0
    0|0