Stretch marks and really low self esteem. Questions.

This could be long, sorry. So about a year ago I put on about 15lbs and have gained a load of stretch marks too. I am still considered a healthy weight for my age (18) and height at 125lbs, but I want to lose the weight again. But, I'm really worried I will get more stretch marks. Do you think I should still try to lose the weight and get fit? Or how can I try to prevent more? Also, would a guy not date me because of them? I feel really low about it at them moment, like I will never get a boyfriend and that I am a disappointment. So some advice would be great, thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's normal to gain weight and get stretchmarks during puberty-your body is just developing,mine faded within a year,now they're just white,if I got a tan (not possible with my skin tho) they wouldn't even be there,just wait it out and remember to exfoliate and moisturize your skin,put some olive oil on them too

What Guys Said 3

• Wow! You know who cares about stretch marks? Girls. Guys don't care, really! I don't know an dudes that care about that crap. If a dude does, then forget him because he is a douche. As for your weight, if you are healthy, then don't worry about it. 125 pounds is a healthy weight. Don't read so many damn cosmo magazines or whatever with tiny chicks in them. You don't need to change, and if someone tells you that you do, f*** them.

• Skin stretches on the way up - not when you become thin again.

Getting fat and not fit is what gets you stretch marks and cellulite etc (more / sooner than natural)

So lose the weight

They make a lot of products for post-pregnancy to deal with stretch marks; you can look into those

• First off you need self-esteem. That's absolutely crucial. Now do you want to be overweight with stretch marks, or a nice body with stretch marks? Pretty easy answer if you ask me. But if you have a nice body, guys won't focus on your stretch marks. You need to realize is that they're not as big of a "flaw" as you think they are. And most guys don't even notice.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't worry about stretch marks lots of other girls have them.For exaple most of my friends have it on their boobs but sadly I'm skinny more than them and I have it on my thighs and butt.

• I'm 5'2 and weigh 100lbs and have stretch marks they're really not that bad it reminds me of a tiger

• Don't worry guys know its normal to have