Guys: would you like a girl not skinny but not that fat??

I'm 5'8 and about 20-25 lbs overweight, I've lost about 30 pounds already, but the last 20 are being difficult. No guys have ever liked me, that I know of. It's not like I'm ugly, I wouldn't be ashamed to call myself very pretty. I get compliments all the time about how pretty I am, but no guys seem to even remotely like me.

Or do you not even consider a girl a bit overweight?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys will find this question difficult because numbers don't mean anything to us.

It always amazes me that a girl can say something like "I'm 5'7 and weigh 143lbs" and other girls know immediately what that looks like.

Guys really don't have a clue when it comes to numbers. We need photos.

Anyway to answer your question - you state as if it were fact that no guy has ever liked you. That's probably not true. And considering how often what we verbalise about ourselves becomes a self-repeating mantra, accuracy is important. If you repeat that often enough about yourself, it will feel true, and make you feel like sh*t.

So be *exact* with your phrases. No guy has ever approached you? No guy has ever asked you out? No guy that you actually wanted to date, has ever asked you out? Something like that.

You'd have to be amazingly ugly for no guy to have ever liked you. What you have to remember is that you're under 18, so I presume are the guys you're interested in.

And guys under 18 aren't exactly brewing with the confidence to walk up to a girl they like and go "hey". And even if they were, girls at that age are often dumb enough to deny and deny that they like a guy, then cry when he dates someone else.

Accept as a given that some guy or guys out there do like you - they just haven't had the guts to do anything about it.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find those guys and make yourself approachable to them. Since finding them is hard, you might take the tried-and-true path, of making yourself approachable to lots of guys.

And the key to that, is three-fold :

1) Learn what guys actually look for, not what the media or other women have told you they look for.

2) Accentuate the positives in yourself - If you've got small boobs, be proud of that, accentuate it, don't compare yourself with big boobed rivals. There are lots of guys who like them small. You can't compete for the guys who like them big, so don't waste your time competing with the big-boobed girls. This goes for virtually *all* aspects of your body. Learn to love them.

3) Learn the art of verbal flirtation - it's totally unlike all the forms of communication you've learned so far as a girl. It's not about body language, subtle glances and stuff like that. It's about *surface* level communication. Where the deepest it gets is an obvious double-entendre. It involves listening to what guys say, and not over-analysing it to death.

Master those, and you'll have your choice of men for as long as you live.

• Thank you so much for the input. To make it clearer, I'm on the taller side, have a subtle little tummy, my chest is C38, my thighs touch and every bit of me has a bit of cubbiness.

I guess your right, I probably don't know if a guy has ever liked me. I never really thought of it that way.

Thank you for the tips, very, VERY helpful. :)

What Guys Said 5

• I'd have to see a picture, I personally love tiny, petite girls. Doesn't matter though, what matters is if you still want to lose weight, keep at it and don't give up. It's hard but nothing worthwhile is easy, you've gotten this far, you can go further. Then when you're done losing weight (you're 5'8" so just remember there is weight in your height so don't go crazy skinny), work on your confidence. Just because guys haven't noticed you or liked you, doesn't mean you're repulsive or worthless, just means you need to work on yourself, put yourself out there, and be patient.

• I'm a very confident, outgoing girl. I do lots of sports and won "best personality" in my middle school. I'm not sure if it's my personality, I have lots of guy friends. I know I don't want to be too skinny, I still want my curves.

Thanks for your input.

• There's a green truck in Toronto, I think it's a chevy. How much will you pay me for it?

I don't goddam know woman. Gimme something I can look at!

• I'd kinda need pics to tell lol. I personally don't like skinny and like a bit of toned muscle on a girl.

• naw my perfect girl is thin but not too thin just average not an ab loving man, mostly becuase I'm really the man version of what I like. not out of shape not too inshape and thin

• its OK with me as long as your no like 200 pounds

What Girls Said 1

• I'm right there with ya sister - same height, little more overweight but have lost 25 since Jan. It'll be easier for you being a teenager. But like you rarely do I get any interested parties even though I've been told I'm attractive. I'm curious to what guys have to say in response to your question.

• TOTALLY AGREE! :/

• If you're in HS - don't stress about it. Wait til college. Much bigger pool, more diverse.

• Makes sense, but I'm going into a much, MUCH larger high school with more people, so I'm hopeing to find that diversity there. Fingers crossed :)