Any experiences with organic shampoo?

What are your experiences and such with organic shampoo? Does it clean out all the build ups from silicone shampoo? does it makes your hair healthier?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I switched to sulfate free, silicone free and paraben free shampoos and conditioners last year and it's made a hell of a difference. Mind you, I DO have curly hair, so silicones and sulfates are bad for curly hair because they weigh the curls down and lock moisture out

If you're having problems with dryness or dullness(which may have to do with silicones or petrochemicals coating the strands), then organic may be the route for you. But to get the most benefits, before you switch, make sure to use a clarifying shampoo to start fresh and rid your hair and scalp of build-up

If build-up is your sole concern, just use a clarifying shampoo once a week or once every two weeks. You can purchase the Ion Clarifying Shampoo from Sally's for a couple of bucks and it works wonders. Clarifying shampoos remove build-up on the hair and strands but should not be used TOO often because then they could backfire and dry out hair and scalp

What Guys Said 3

• I have never noticed the difference to be honest, I don't think there's enough to know if its organic or not apart from what the bottle tells you,x

• Nothing manufactured is organic, remember that lol.

In other exotic countries, like the Philippines, the people sometimes use coconut juice to wash their hair. Its organic and very healthy. I don't know about silicone buildups.

• makes your hair healthier

What Girls Said 6

• I like to switch up my shampoos. That seems to help a lot with everything. My experience with shampoos from like the health food store is that they don't foam up very much and I have to use more to get my hair clean. I pretty much pick shampoo based on how it smells, but sulfate-free are more gentle so I prefer them.

• They don't really lather good and none of the ones I tried seemed to do much for my hair other than to clean it. The non-organic stuff seems to give me better results so I stick to using that when I want my hair to look good and use the organic products when I am not going out or doing anything that requires good-looking hair.

• It feels much better, I think it leaves your hair looking better too. It gives your scalp a much 'cleaner' feel as well.

• It made my hair soft but I but a shampoo you can use as a conditioner

• They're OK but I don't think worth the money

• I like diulting cheap shampoo with water better