When did long hair on men become a bad thing?

No, don't give me the " be yourself " line.

I'm fine with my style, but I don't understand why the social scene has changed so much where faux hawks are more acceptable than long hair.

FOR CENTURIES men wore their hair long. Short hair indicated you were very poor and had to cut your hair to avoid lice and other nuisances. Now it's considered gross?

I take this sentiment after reading on numerous message boards. WHAT THE HELL?

Yes, greasy hair in general is a turn-off. But many men with long hair take care of it. Most of us are happy we have a full head of hair and can grow it long!

link

link

link

Are all of the above men creepy weirdos to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• men also used to wear skirts and robes, like dresses.

In ancient times, pants were considered feminine.

If you don't believe me, do some research on ancient costumes.

anyways, fashion changes.

for centuries, it was also the norm for women to be pregnant for most of their live. point is, things change, and it's good that they do because at least now we have things like electricity.

ok, so that's a tangent, but my point is, there is no reason for all this crap. basically, people are too busy to deal with long hair. guys just wanna shower and run out the door, maybe with a bit of gel, not spend hours getting their hair curled with hot irons after their weekly bath.

• The first person to ever wear a heel, was a man. He was a king and was a little short. He asked his shoemaker to make him a shoe that would make him tall and the shoemaker came up with the heel. Since then, women just sort of took over the idea of heels, skirts etc..

• rofl someone hates electricity.

but yeah, guys should be able to wear skirts and long hair and heels and no one should really give a flying f*ck because it's not their business. people should look however makes them happy :)

• Curl with irons?

After showering I shave and let my hair air dry. During the winter I wash my hair less, but I mean, I only wash my hair once every 3-4 days anyway. Too much is a bad thing.

Point is, most long-haired guys don't spend that much time on their hair. We just prefer it long while we're young!

What Girls Said 13

• Who knows. Don't particularly like any of those guys but these look OK link link link

• I don't mind long hair as long as it's looked after, I agree with you completely, not enough guys with long hair out there! Everyone had long hair in the eighties, why should nowadays be any different?!

• Men with long hair = ULTIMATE turn on for me.

• I don't like long hair on guys, it just looks a bit too feminine to me. I wouldn't call those guys creepy weirdos though.

• Feminine how? When it comes down to it, the only feminine thing is make-up and being on the receiving end when having intercourse.

Everything else is all subjective. In fact most of the weakling " I don't play sports " guys sport short hair.

• A femenine feature can be anyone that makes a girl different from a guy. It is a very subjective stuff. @Loools finds long hair a femine feature, and girls like her wants to feel feminine when they are with guys. In my opinion, girls who want to be feminine having long hair and encouraging their boyfriend to get a haircut monthly are hotter for me.

@Loools, there should be much more girls like you ;)

• :O Whaaa, lol I love long hair that is a + for me. Something about long hair is REALLY hot. All of those guys had amazing hair. I love link one hair :) It has a young Brian May feel to it. (the picture not his hair Brian's is much curlier) ;p And no their is not enough guys with long hair

• Never has been a problem for me.

• I just asked this. Long hair on men is by far the sexiest style.

• i love the 80's but long hair on men never worked at least not for me

• Those men are not creepy to me. I don't care if a man has long hair, as long as they take care of it. But that really goes for any hair length. I've dated a couple guys with hair that was longer than mine. Everyone has different preferences.

• i think long hair is hot. I've never kissed a guy with short hair. just not attracted to it.

• I like long hair on guys :) some are better then others with it though, of course.

• Yes, men who have long hair is really quite sexy.

• Long hairs a feminine trait but that doesn't mean some men can't pull it off

What Guys Said 8

• I've started to let my hair grow out and have received a lot of complements from both men and women. While it isn't shoulder length, it is fairly long. A head of clean, long hair looks good on some men. If you look comfortable in your own hair, I think that helps.

• I still get the odd person (mainly guy family that take it as an offense to their penis if another male has long hair) telling me to cut it, but most the the people I'm around have learned that I really couldn't give a sh*t if they don't like my hair. Though there has been a couple contradictory experiences I've had with strangers. My cousin, who's hair is about the same length as mine, and I travel and do a fair bit of stuff together. One time in a store a cashier made a disgusted noise and started mumbling about guys with long hair, and another time we were out and about and this lady tells us how nice it is to see young guys with long hair because it's becoming so rare.

• I think it was during the roman empire.

I had longer hair when younger.

Some women love it, some hate it, same with other guys. Its probably not 'in' right now, but neither is really short hair. Most of us would do well to have a hair style that suits us rather then one that's 'in'.

• It's purely a matter of personal style. Some can pull it off and some can't. I had long hair for a few years and eventually it became more trouble than it was worth because I have wavy/curly hair and it was a pain to take care of properly. If I had naturally straight hair I might still have it long, but I much prefer both how it looks now and how much easier it is to deal with.

• After the end of the age of chivalry and the Renaissance, it pretty much went out of fashion bro, I mean you're a couple of centuries late it was still in fashion in the 1800 hundreds, so I guess after all, in the cosmic scale of things you're only teeny bit late.

But that's fashion-wise, it evolves, you don't need to like it, it is what it is. Fat women were a turn on in the 1800's too. Not anymore, society, tastes and fashions evolve...

• 1970s to the mid 1990s. Long-hair was popular.

• That's true... That is the kind of style it reminds me of. Hippie-ish

• I think if your having it long, think of Orlando bloom I'm pirates of the Caribbean. If the directors didn't think it was sexy to have long hair they would have styled his character appearance differently

• My hair is short because it suits the rest of my face, and my hair will curl all sorts of directions if it grows longer than 1.5 inches. But that's just me. Fashion goes through trends, and short hair is trending right now.

• Try going the other way, mate. My hair line is almost non-existant and I have a bald patch. And you worry about what hair style is "in"?

• It's soy! Go to an Amish farm and buy your food from them. Also use natural shampoos.

You don't have to believe me, just seen it more than once in my life. The system feeds you horrible foods!