Are girls who dress casual less attractive?

I have a good friend who always wears skirts/dresses and heels no matter where she's going. I'm more of a jean/t shirt/hoodie/converse kind of girl. I don't wear baggy clothes, just simply comfy clothes. I know she has guys falling all over her, and I usually wind up on the sidelines. Where I'm going into college, I'm trying to be out there and get to talk to more people, and my friend tells me I should change what I wear and dress up more often as jeans and t shirts aren't cute. Is a girl who dresses casually really that much of a turn-off or, at least, seem dull enough to not even approach?

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep in mind, having guys falling all over you is not necessarily a good thing. Yes, dressing up will get you more attention, but the attention will be due to your looks, not who you are.

But if you feel like you're not even getting considered, then there's nothing wrong with dressing a little nicer. You don't have to wear anything super tight or revealing or heels - just try putting a nicer blouse on with jeans or wearing a casual skirt with a t shirt.

A lot of skater/surf/beach brands like Volcom, Vans, and even PacSun have girls wearing like a cute comfy dress with a hoodie and sneakers. That could work for you for sure I think.

What Guys Said 8

• when girls dress up in revealing

clothes, it's bound to attract male attention..

..however, it will most likely be the

players and "bad boys" who will approach

you, instead of the "nice guys" who instead

will be intimidated and back away.. ^-^

so yes.. girls who dress casually are still

attractive, the reason it might seem otherwise

is because you will get gold, instead of a lot of copper

if you know what I mean.. ^-^

• some guys will think its less attractive and some will find it very attractive so its more important what kind of guy you want to attract. what's the point in getting tons and tons of attention if its not from the types of people your interested in meeting.

• I prefer casual or tomboy. Now that everyone dresses revealing (including little kids and grandparents) it's actually a nice change.

• If a girl looks good and has a nice hairstyle etc. they look pretty good in certain hoodies. Jeans are decent too, depends.

• its all about HOW you wear it and how you carry yourself.

Personally, I love how your good friend dresses. However, Jeans and a t-shirt on a girl can be quite attractive as well -- best accessory -- CONFIDENCE.

• No, they're equally attractive.

• i think dresses makes a girl more cute and womanly haha

• Well, for me I have trouble approaching girls in general, so clothing doesn't factor in for me. Anyway, here is my opinion on it. If you and your friend are attractive to me it would not make a difference. However if you are both average looking, then dressing more girlie can help a lot. A few girls I went to school with dressed like you do and on the few days they dressed more like your friend, they looked a lot more attractive to me. Maybe because they looked more feminine or that I have a thing for skirts. But then when they went back to what they normally wear I did not care anymore. Then again in 10th grade the girl I had a crush on and thought was very attractive wore jeans, a tshirt and a jacket all year. So, what I basically saying is clothing can help a girl be better looking, but if I find her attractive in does not matter as much. Then you factor is a girl's personality too. Sorry that this was so long.

What Girls Said 10

• No, of course they are not less attractive. Beauty comes from personality and how the person appeals to the opposite gender.. But sometimes its great for a girl to dress up and try to look her best (depending on the occasion). Then the guy would probably appreciate it more when his girl dresses up because she rarely does so.

• No I found I get different type of guys that approach me when I dress casual usually less superficial

• Dressing up attracts more attention plus by dressing casually you seem like your not looking for anything like by approaching you a guy might be bothering you.

• I think all beautiful and slim girls are attractive. If the body shape is sexy then clothes are not so important ;)

• Find a nice medium. you don't want to bounce around like a horny tramp but you also don't want to look frumpy. Balance is key.

• No they just appeal to different guys

• No they just blend in more

• I'm going to go with yes.

Guys are going to say they prefer casual but that's not true. They say that because it sounds good and their afraid of showing just how shallow they can be.

But of course a hot girl that dresses casual is going to be more attractive than an ugly girl that dresses up.

• if they're not into that type then yeah (but a fair few are), it's usually looked upon as less attractive.

• i'm interested in what the guys say too