I'm 22 and I don't wear make-up nor high heels: is it wrong?

I've never been asked out and guys don't flirt with me much, could it be because of this?

I've never felt the need to wear make up or put on high heels. I did wear high heels some time but I find it very awkward and difficult to walk with them.

Besides, when I did try to wear some make-up, I couldn't recognize myself and took it off. I don't find myself ugly but I sure don't find make-up to make me any prettier.

I don't wear dress or skirts too often neither.

I'm not a tomboy, I do dress in a feminine way, I just remain myself and don't do the over the top thing. I don't like looking superficial or just like girls in magazines do. I take care of myself but I guess I try to keep a natural simple look.

I was wondering what guys may think about a girl like me since it seems like this outward appearance hasn't gotten me much success?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would try just a little eye makeup.

You don't need a lot, its not about changing your face, but making your face show off its best parts better. (Wow that came out in a gay guys voice in my head)

As for heels, you don't need em!

Unless you are very short, there is no reason to wear them!

Sure, they will make your butt look good. But trust me, its so annoying listening to girls complain about their feet, how they hurt, how hard it is to walk. I don't care! Stop wearing a torture device on your feet!

In conclusion... heels=not a big deal

What Guys Said 6

• Don't listen to those guys.

Me personally, I prefer girls without make-up. The most attractive girl in the world to me is what she would look like if we were snuggling on the couch during a night in. A girl without make-up is who she truly is.

A guy should like you for you...not some powder you put on your face or some shoe that hurts your feet. Continue to be yourself and just because you haven't had any luck yet doesn't mean you won't eventually find a guy who likes you for you.

Based upon how you describe yourself, you seem to me like you'd be my perfect girl. This would definitely not hinder me asking you out, so there's definitely another guy out there who feels the same way.

• Most Chinese women your age also don't use make up, although they ALL use heels to make them look taller...except the naturally tall ones, of course, since then they'd tower over the guys..

We think you look smashing, we're so unused to seeing natural looking women now in the USA..

• Why do you like Chinese women so much? :p I'm kind of racist towards my race because of past experiences, so enlighten me. :)

• No way, I'm 20 and I don't wear make-up nor wear high heels either.

• Is it bad?!?! no of course not -- its just a matter of preference. :))

• Are you fat?

• no make up at all? ehhhhhh

• no make-up at all. is that bad?

• well I think if you're cute then you're gonna be cute anyways w/o make up too..i just do not see many girls who don't use any at all these days so it might be a little odd to me at first. I would think the issue is something deeper than you not wearing it or heels in my opinion, are you shy?

• Yes I'm quite shy. I do not like to stand out among people. I guess that might be part of the reason why I don't wear make-up or heels since they're sort of supposed to bring the attention to you.

What Girls Said 7

• You need some practice. You don't have to wear eyeliner or heels to look cute.

A brown mascara and pink lipgloss can be enough.

Maybe try a new hairstyle or wear a comfy dress.

Appearance will make a difference, but so does personality.

Don't be afraid to experiment to find what works for you.

• That's completely fine if You think you don't need it or feel the need to use it and it makes you uncomfortable then don't use them If you want to learn how do wear a little bit of makeup and how to apply it I really recommend watching YouTube beauty videos they help out a lot I actually enjoy watching them. High heels aren't a must and you could just start wearing small heels or wedges since there easier to walk in and just as cute anyways. Do what you feel is most comfortable to you in your skin what's the difference if you do all this things and don't feel comfortable. Hope I helped :)

• No, it's not weird. Do whatever you want. The right guy who appreciates your style and not having to wear make up would come along. Just it would take longer.

If you want success, it doesn't mean you have to go all out with the make up and heels. Sheesh.

• That's fine its your choice wearing heels doesn't make you more of a woman plus there's different types if wedges and high heel flip flops count

• ofcourse not cause I don't wear makeup too :D.. well I put on lip gloss and curl my lashes and walla that's all. I also don't know how to put on makeup that's why and my skin is sensitive it will easily get rashes once something kinda harsh applied but someone here on gag suggested about makeup tutorials on YouTube and they look amazing so I want to try it.

• No its your choice

• No nothing is wrong with that