I'm trying to dress nicer?

I have my shirts down, I think. I am mixing it up between polo-type shirts and casual button downs. I want to always be wearing a collar when I go out in public.

But as far as pants go, I'm not sure what to do about it. Typically I'm just a jeans or cargo shorts kinda guy. I only have 2 cargo shorts and I live in the south, so I alternate them every day, but one has a huge hole in one of the pockets, so its kinda useless. (I tried repairing it, but the fabric is too thin to hold stitching.

Anyway, any advice on some nice summer shorts or pants or something that looks a little dressier?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well weather permitting, I like to go dark jeans, no holes, with a nice black belt, silver buckle. Dressy/casual shoes, solid color button shirt. May throw on a vest and/or tie if I feel like it. Of course, I also live in the south (Texas) so I rarely get to use that getup. As hot as it gets, it's tough to dress classy, but as far as shorts go, look for something without pockets at the bottom (so avoid cargo shorts). Cargo shorts are great, just not generally "classy". Shorts should stop right around the knee, it's fine if they ride up a bit when you sit down.

What Girls Said 2

• Nice jeans with a belt look good. And Khakis as well look good, so try them. Just... don't wear them like a gangster and you will be fine.

Have you tried using super glue on the hole? It can work wonders. If that isn't enough, use clear nail polish, let it dry, then patch it. The stitching will hold better.

• heh, OK by hole I really meant the pocket is more of a tube now, with equal sized holes at both sides...

its a lost cause. But I will try that in the future with smaller holes!

• JCREW! I love it when guys dress preppy and nice. Button downs are great! esp. if you roll the sleeves up. If its too expensive for you then maybe try GAP or OLD NAVY and they could have something. But at JCREW everything is worth your money.

What Guys Said 2

• White jeans are in, Drivers shoes (type of loafer) are in. Boat shoes, Rivieras, espadrilles, wear those with shorts. Shorts that cut off at the knee or just above the knee are popular and look good with a plain tee and light cardigan. Shop around, stores like H&M that come from Europe are what you are looking for.

• nice jeans

a button down shirt

chucks

whats your body type?

If you're skinny then do H&M