Heels.. guys and girls.. your opinion

i have prom coming up.. my heels are about 4/5 inches.. I am about 5'5/5'6... I don't want to feel too tall.. however, I know the taller I am I look better lol they make my legs look good..

girls: when you put heels on how tall are you usually.. or what is your height and then your perfect heels height.

guys: do you like your girl to wear heels..

basically, just your comment on heels would be fabulous! thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm basically the same height as you, and I wear heels that are about 4 or 5 inches when I get really dressed up...it only makes us about 5'10" which is model tall : ) so I think it's just perfect. as long as you're not taller than your date you should be finee : )

(and I think higher heels look WAY better than like 1 or 2 inch heels...you might as well wear flip flops.)

• My date is 5'10 I think so I don't really want to be taller than him, or the same height? but I agree people look so much better in them, but when its me I'm just like ahh

• Remember that guys dress shoes have about an inch of a platform on them...i'd err on the side of 4 inches, then, and do a skinny heel as opposed to a chunkier one which would make it look shorter.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't wear heels taller than 2-3 inches. You get the same effect as far as your legs are concerned, but it is much better for your feet, you will probably walk more naturally (for most girls walking in very high heels usually looks awkward and there are frequent, noticeable balance adjustments), plus, your guy will probably appreciate you not being excessively tall compared to him.

• I LOVE my lady in heels like you're describing. I'm esp fond of stilettos with no platform four inches or taller.

• Okay I'm going to be blunt and honest here because.

Me, and a lot of other guys I know just don't understand why girls like to wear heels. Honestly, especially a girl of average height like you, you'd probably look cuter just wearing um...i don't know...shoes that don't raise your ankles above knee level. We don't find heels attractive. Why would we?

Sorry if that was too harsh, but its the truth.

What Girls Said 16

• I'm 5'6, and honestly prefer my skate shoes to anything else. But when I do put heels on, I usually go to about 5'9 or 5'10. I also have a couple pairs with low heels (about 1-2") and then some that are pretty high (4-5"). My main problem with them is they either start to hurt my feet quickly or I can't walk in them very well.

• Well for prom, you don't want 5 inch heels because they will not be fun to dance with. I'm 5'8 and most of the heels I have are 3 inches...but I also only end up going to events with guys that are at least 6'3 haha so it doesn't matter.

• I never understood girls that shelled out 80+ bucks for Prom only to wear them for pictures. It takes a very skilled individual to handle dancing in tall heels. I'd say wear something lower, that way you can walk normally and won't be walking around barefoot all night. Your tootsies will thank you! :)

• I wear up to 6 inch heels. But I am only 5 feet tall. As long as you aren't too much taller than your date you should be just fine. And if you don't have a date be as tall as you want. Tall is sexy, that's why models are tall. And they still wear heels. Heels are hot, wear what you want and what makes you look and feel sexy.

• Doesn't it get uncomfortable wearing them for a long time? I have my eye on this pair of heels that are 3 inches high and I really want to buy them, but I don't want to regret doing it.

I have a friends birthday party coming up this Saturday and I want to go as "sexy me", not "girl next door me" :p, It'll give a certain someone a much needed wake up call..Lol...

But I'm already 5'8.. should I go for it?

• Ooooo, rebellious

• No more than 3 inches because they kill my feet if they're man-eater stilettos. But, there's some padded inserts out there that you can wear for extra comfort/grip in your heels which are amazing! With a little extra cushion I can wear heels all day. As for prom, you're going to want comfortable shoes. And you'll probably end up taking them off anyways by the middle of the night. Save the shoes for before pictures and then bring some flats to dance in.

• that's not too tall! they look amazing! I am 5'3, so I my 3 1/2 heels, I am 5'6 and a half! :)

• I am 5'9''. And I usually wear heels when I dress up unless I'm going on a date which I know would be shorter than me with heels on. But I have heels ranging from short to about 6 inches. My favorites are usually about 4 or 5 inches.

• Im 6'4", and have heels from 4" to 8". I'm 7ft in my highest heels, and my friends think I look amazing in them. I feel sorry for my gawjus 4ft 11man, but I don't care what he thinks.

He's realli shy and blushes when I wear the 8" heels, he looks soooo cute when he blushes.

Just go for it girls

• im six feet tall, last year for prom I wore kitten heels but I was still like two inches shorter than my date

• Aren't 4 inch heals really uncomfortable to wear?... I wonder how women stay upright on them for long let alone dance or run :p...

I'm 5'8 and I usually wear 1 or 1and a half inch heal so that would put me at 5'9 when I wear them. Mostly I stick to flats because it's easier to stand for long periods of time ( I end up standing for almost 2 hours at a stretch because of my Anatomy dissection classes)

• im 5'10" and I'm wearin 5 cm heels and I feel amazing! wear whatever you want screw people! tall women are beautiful!

• I'm 5'8 and when I wear heels I'm around 5'11 or 6 foot. I love it. and it's not always spindly little heels either.

• I'm 5'6 and the heels I got for prom are about 3 inches but I have heels ranging from very short to very tall I would say just be shorter then your date and your good

• I'm 5'7" and I love to wear 5 inch heels. I think that it's fun to be that tall!

• That's not too tall. That'll look great as long as your no going with a short guy.

• I hate heels,really

I wear them not ofthen,they look good but it's such a pain haha