Why are redheads bullied/picked on?

I don't get it.

It seems that some Americans have certain dislike for redheads which I found extremely stupid. I'm not American and the few redheads I get to see in my country are anything but bullied. If anything, they are considered beautiful.

One thing is to make silly jokes about "gingers" not having soul, and another thing is to actually bully red haired people. And whyyy? I just don't get that American bit.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's something that I think went viral after an episode of Southpark. That's the only way I can explain it. I never heard any of the things I've been hearing people say about "gingers" since then I never even heard the term used before that the character Cartman (a character who is always showing some racist bias) used it. The show has a history of being politically incorrect but mostly to prove a point about how dumb certain things are, and the whole ginger things was one of those situations when Cartman himself after picking on a redhead kid, suddenly had red hair he tried to turn things around and join their side and start an uprising.

What Guys Said 4

• because they have no soul...joking my best friend is a ginger and I can attest that he does in fact have a soul. Seriously though, I have absolutely no idea, it's moronic.

• I'm glad you buy into anti-American propaganda. We also burn puppies and punch babies in the face.

• You are saying that this does not happen? How come some others here didn't have a problem answering the question.

• Exclusively in America it certainly doesn't. That is an incredulous notion and you deserved some ridicule for it. Kids are bullied all of the time. If it wasn't for their red hair it would be something else. Maybe you have never been on a school yard but you should see the kids with mental handicaps or the midgets. They get it so much worse.

• It's worldwide trend not just in America, and to be honest, its the red-headed males who got it the hardest, girls with red hair usually don't receive that much crap.

Why it's that? Because they look different. It's almost like "racism" just within the borders of the white race.

• someones gotta be the red headed step child

What Girls Said 2

• I didn't know it was that serious... I guess kids in my area are not complete idiots.

• it's kinda like the stereo type that blondes are more fun or bimbos or airheads or that brunettes are more serious or mousy.

Honestly our world is full of stereotypes that are just as stupid and I really don't think people take them seriously anymore it's just leftover stupidity. No one REALLY believes gingers have no souls they just say it to be stupid.