What place on your body do you think is the best to get a tattoo?

I have been wanting to get a tattoo for a while now but I 'm not really sure were to get it on my body ?

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on where you want it. Do you want to be able to see it? Do you want something you can easily cover? Do you know what you'd like to do for a living, and if so, would that profession have a problem (hence choosing a spot that's easily covered up).

If you're a wuss, consider pain factor. Some spots are more sensitive than others.

I've been considering getting another one as of recently, but the location itself is still something I can't quite put my finger on. Mostly because I'd like to do something different, but many spots have become so cliche. Example being back of neck, shoulder, shoulder blade, bicep, ankle, hip. Wrist is still fairly new, though quickly becoming common.

If you're unsure, buy the fake tatts (or maybe do henna) and place it on a spot that you're considering. If you were to do henna, it would stick around for a bit longer and you could get used to the idea of a tatt being on that particular spot.

To top it off, it really depends on the kind of tattoo that you'd be getting. What's it of? The size and style does influence where on your body you'd place it. Smaller ones = wrist, hip, ankle, nape of neck. Larger ones are for arms, legs, back, thigh, etc.

Overall, take your time in deciding. There's no rush. I actually decided that I wanted a tatt back in 2000 (was 17). A few years later, I decided on the spot (hip). From there, I figured I would get one when something significant happened in life. I finally got it done in 2009. Haven't really regretted it either. That said, don't rush into it and take your time. It's permanent.

What Guys Said 9

• Before you get a tattoo, make sure you have it all planned out. I heard stupid people just getting tattoos because they want one, which is ridiculous. EVERYTHING about you changes, your personality, your character, the way you think, what you like/don't like, your body. So why put something on you that is PERMANENT just to get something? Doesn't make sense. So put some thought into it and sleep on it for a few months and see if you feel the same way.

• Nowhere.

I don't like tatoos at all.

Leave the body natural.

• on your hip:) you can hide it and get a big or small tattoo it can be sexually attractive or normal and meaningful

• Nowhere.

• forehead and neck. no doubt

• Lower back tattoo's always look good, however it requires a precise figure. This is all based on opinion of course.

• For men - on the arm, for women - on the lower back.

• Anywhere!

• a tiny smiley on your clit

What Girls Said 5

• My friend had "Believe" done in white ink on the inside of her wrist...

Looks awesome in black lite rooms

• If you are going to get one, then I would say a small one on the ankle because that is not one of the first places people usually look when they are talking/ getting intimate/ interviewing you. Be careful about getting one in an easily seen place because it can hinder you from getting certain jobs.

• ...just like an ankle tatt would? Unless you're wearing pants all the time, in interview situations, you could likely be wearing a skirt/dress. I've seen businesswomen wearing their attire, and BAM, there's a tattoo on her ankle. Nothing wrong with it, but there you go.

• I personally like the look of one on the hip or lower back on a lady, but it also depends on what you want to get and how big

• The shoulder

• Get a tat wherever you think is a good place. Any place is good as long as it looks good.