Deodorant, cologne or both on a guy?

So I've never messed with wearing cologne just name brand deodorant. Should I also wear cologne? You know when someone walks past you and you smell their cologne or perfume if it's a girl. I don't think girls smell anything if you just wear deodorant. Also if you do like it when a guy wears cologne what kind should I wear?

what's the difference between cologne and perfume for a guy? It seems like cologne only has one smell. I may be wrong though.
I always wear deodorant :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well always wear deodorant. Cologne masks the scent of man sweat pretty well, but I think it's kind of gross when guys don't wear it - even if they also have axe on or something.

When you put on cologne, only put on a little bit. Girls do this for perfume - or at least, most of them do. The idea is the someone can only smell your perfume/cologne when they get close to you.

This is going to sound completely ridiculous, but... Wear perfume. Don't wear cologne. I hate the smell of cologne. Go to Sephora and tell someone who works there that you want to buy perfume for your girlfriend. Pick the one you think she'd like to use on herself the best, then wear it.

What Girls Said 6

• Eh...my boyfriend doesn't wear cologne and I think he smells FANTASTIC. My guy friend wears cologne and I gag every time he walks in the room. He over does it and it also just smelled awful. I'd prefer if a guy didn't wear any.

• i like cologne alot! been around too many classy italians ;-)

Knew one guy that smelled good but it was weird that it was his deodorant I was smelling lol

• Ohh laa laa <3

I love cologne... its way stronger than deodorant and if it smells really good, it makes me want to hug you for longer ! :)

• Yeah I just want girls to be like oh he smells good when I walk by.

• then cologne it is! try not to over do it though... that's a bit of a turn off :)

• cologne. A guy who don't really use deodorant without having odor is a major turn on. Plus deodorant's scent doesn't give good impression too.

• I would hope that you would always wear deodorant haha. It depends on how the cologne smells. Not too strong and not too much :)

• Always wear deodorant. Cologne is nice, just don't put too much on.

What Guys Said 3

• i'm a fragrance collector. I own over 30 colognes, and I've sampled over 200.

deodorants are scented, but do not have edt or parfum strength. the cologne in most cases will be smelled, while the deodorant will probably not be.

when it comes to cologne, you are better off with clean and fresh colognes, and make sure you don't overspray.

i recommend Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

• Either use a deodorant that matches the cologne, or use scentless deodorant with any cologne. I use scentless when I'm wearing cologne, because Armani Diamonds doesn't have a matching deodorant >:|

• cologne is more refined than some axe bro