Ideal male physique? Michaelangelo?

Currently trying to look like Michaelangelo's David. What do you think of him, or the other greek statues? That's the ideal imo. But do you think it's too much / too ripped etc?

Please enlighten me, it's very confusing what girls like and what not :)

PS: If you don't know how he looks, just look him up :-D

Most Helpful Girl

• I like that, a lot. My ideal guy would look like him (body wise), so I think it's perfect. But, every girl has her own preference. I know some girls like lean/skinny guys.

• So anyway, this is ideal? Maybe a little more muscle would be ok? Or how? Sor tof skinny in my eyes =]

• Yeah, it's ideal. A little more muscle would still be fine, I think. I wouldn't say he was on the skinny side though :p

What Girls Said 13

• I have a crush on Poseidon

link

• The STATUES are gorgeous. They are totally my ideal guy - they're handsome, ripped, dignified - just perfect. I'm not a huge fan of Michelangelo's paintings (they're too ripped for me - no human body should look like that!) but his statues are perfection.

I'd be on you like white on rice.

• It's a little much in my opinion. I like them a bit on the skinny side, and I find David's face to be kinda baby faced. Hmm not my cup o tea.

• Well, David IS skinny, and I was only talking bout the physique

:d

• Too much muscle for my preference, my boyfriend is very slim and lean with only a bit of muscle definition and I find that super sexy. I don't tend to be attracted to bulkier more muscular guys.

• not really a fan of it

• Try P90x or something. But great go for it

• Soccer players have the best bodies in my opinion

• Physique, yeah it's cool but if your head is empty and act like a douch you can have the hottest body on Earth I wouldn't look at you. Most girls look for guys who are fit but who have conversation

• A guys body doesn't phase me at all. Yes fit bodies with muscle can be attractive but it wouldn't be something id look for in a guy. Everyone has different tastes which is the reason we are all different.

• Right between chubby and muscley

• Muscles strong big muscles

• David is beautiful. He's the prefect man

• You really need to use your brain and understand that just like not all guys like the same types of girls, not all girls are going to like the same types of guys. so there's really no "figuring out what girls like" because you can try to embody something that think a majority will like and then end up falling for someone who isn't into that. If you want to look like that for your own pleasure and because its what you want to do, go for that. You shouldn't be molding your body to look a certain way just because you think girls will like it anyway.

I think a lot of girls like that body type, yes. Personally, its not my "ideal" - there's a little too much chisel happening there for me - but I mean its not bad or anything. I've seen guys who are even more muscular and I'm definitely not into it. I'm into a slimmer look, or skinny, or moderately built, like moderately large muscles but not as much muscle definition as you see in that sculpture. I don't know it seems like the real life translation of that would be the small but ripped guys I see walking around and I usually don't like that look either. I think if you're going to be muscular, you should be bigger. If you have a smaller frame, be slim but toned or lightly muscular, its more attractive imo. the skinny ripped guys just look a bit funny to me.

but every girl is different. the art is beautiful though, as art. :)

What Guys Said 4

• Would rather look like this guy.

link

• Michelangelo painted and sculpted physically impossible bodies, if you aim for that you'll never achieve it. Just try and pose yourself like Adam on the roof of the Cistine Chapel and you'll see what I mean.

Every girl's different, get yourself as ripped as you like, just as long as you feel comfortable.

• Sorry, but why is it impossible? :o

And what do you think of it afterall? I don't really care for the adam-type of body :d

• Just try it, its not physically possible to pose like that. It looks perfectly natural, which is why he was an artistic genius, but it can't be done without first dislocating a few limbs.

I'm happy just not looking out of shape, I've started working out a little bit at home with a view to joining a gym when I can afford it, but that's just to get rid of the podge that's started building up above my belt.

• His shoulder hip ratio doesn't look ideal.

• me..lol