Why don't designers have anything under sheer tops?

Why don't they ever put a bandeau or bra or something on their model underneath sheer tops for runway shows. I've never understood this.

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Girl

• the more skin the ''better'',say what you want about nipples,but they demand attention-what designers want. and putting something underneath would mean that it's part of the top,they just want to show the clothes that are part of the collection

0|0
    0|0
    • But when pants or skirt or dress is sheer they have underwear on the models

• not always,i've seen models without underwear wear sheer bottoms. but some might choose to cover up-nipples are less offensive,especially since most models are flat

What Guys Said 2

• I think it just defeats the purpose. You are trying to get people to buy tops in large numbers, sell your product to others. Let them decide what to wear or not to wear underneath these tops.

1|0
    0|1
    • Most women will wear something underneath so isn't it best to present it in a way that the women can actually picture wearing it?

• Show All
    • Shirtless women are acceptable though, especially where these top designers are coming from. UK, Spain, Italy, Canada, New York all allow for you to be topless as long as you are not soliciting sexual favours. It really only is parts of the US, Islamic countries and parts of South-Asia that do not allow for toplessness.

• Acceptable on the runway yes, but not in a random public place. It may not be illegal but it isn't socially acceptable.

• It is that sex is used to sell it to the public. Also, the fashion designer world love to push the envelope.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It's to turn the guys on because let's face it, guys are probably bored in fashion shows and they need something to look at to make the experience worthwhile.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with TKDKidd, the reason they do it is because they are trying to show off the garment. It's up to you to put on whatever you decide under the tops. obviously they know you aren't going to go bare underneath.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you watch a runway show, the pieces that they make the models wear aren't for us to copy literally. Designers aren't telling us to wear sheer shirts with nothing underneath. The concept they want us to understand is sheer. As for letting the models go on the runway without anything underneath the shirt is to in a way exaggerate the concept and also, it is called a fashion SHOW for a reason, its extravagant.

1|0
    0|0
    • Can we not tell it's sheer if there's something under it? They put underwear on models for sheer pants and skirts though. That's why I don't understand.