Height as an attractive quality. Isn't it funny and ironic?

I was just thinking and I realized how ironic it is that women are the gender that sees height as an attractive quality and look for tall men, when it's women that have the height adjusting accessory (high heels) and men don't? it would make more sense if men wore high heels instead of women wouldn't it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why is this even a question?

Women are not the only gender that see height as an attractive quality and look for a tall partner. If we were, models wouldn't have a height requirement.

• most guys actually like short/average girls not tall ones

• Yup question asker is right. It's somewhere round 5'4 and 5'6 I'm 5'4 myself.

• men don't find tall moels attractive. the taller a woman is, the less feminine she is. why are runaway models tall? simple: model agencies hire tall models because they are easier to see from the back of the room at a fashion show. their longer bodies allow designers to showcase their work more effectively there is simply more material to display. furthermore it is easy for designers to make clothes at that size.

What Girls Said 14

• I'm guessing you are vertically challenged...because clearly men do not find tall models attractive... Height is attractive to both genders. Get over it.

• most men don't find tall women attractive, we like the models because we never stand next to them

• men don't find tall moels attractive. the taller a woman is, the less feminine she is. why are runaway models tall? simple: model agencies hire tall models because they are easier to see from the back of the room at a fashion show. their longer bodies allow designers to showcase their work more effectively there is simply more material to display. furthermore it is easy for designers to make clothes at that size. only runway models have to be tall (tall models cannot be overlooked).

• I think short guys on here just tend to hate tall girls. Sure height isn't as important for guys but I would take taller over short.

• Well, heels don't just make you taller, they help shaping your legs, making them look more toned, slim, and give you a more feminine posture ...

So since guys are the one getting turned on by a nice pair of legs, it's better for everyone that high heels are designed for girls. You guys couldn't deal with the pain anyway :)

• The " height adjusting" tool is available for men too. Celebs like to Tom Cruise use it all the time. The heel is hidden inside the frame of the shoe.

• Hahaha yeah. Though I don't wear heels for the height; I wear them because they naturally accentuate the female figure, lifting the butt and sticking out the chest. They're uncomfy and cause health risks, though, so it would be best if nobody wore them. :p

• LOL! Good question. I use to think height was a huge factor for me when it came to who I date. But there are some really awesome short guys out there. There aren't that many guys that are shorter than 5'4 so not many guys have to worry about being too short when it comes to dating me. Haha.

• Probably

But judging by the ridiculous amount of women who go around walking in heels when they don't know how, I'm not sure (I hope they aren't) they're wearing them to attract men. Cause the way they walk...not a hot look

But probably

I'm not sure how many dudes would feel comfortable wearing them though

If they do, they should invest in some Louboutins <3

Jimmy Choo's do indeed hurt like f*** if you have wide feet(like myself)

• Well Cyrus, just because we wear heels, doesn't mean that's going to solve the problem. Heels are worn for a couple of hours, not 24/7. We want tall men standing next to us when we're wearing flats.

• have you really not heard of him? link

I mean seriously men in the fashion world do wear heels XD Men have been wearing them since the 1600's and probably before than. ( the nobility of Europe)

• High heels give the look of longer legs and a more shapped bum.

• men were the ones who wore gigantic platform shoes, back in the day ;)

• Uh. No. o.o

• Guys have heels too, just not as tall. They look discreet till you know they exist haha..

• You must be really insecure about your height...

Theres nothing wrong with women wearing high heels and being taller, this is like the second thing you've posted bashing them. Get over it, high heels are really sexy shoes and plenty of women wear them.

• *Imagining men in high heels*... Lol. I'd rather take the short guy over the guy that are wearing heels stumbling over in his muscular legs...Funny.

What Guys Said 11

• High heels predominantly act on the posture, making the butt and the breasts more prominent, high heels on males would not accentuate that what is considered masculine.

Actually, I, and a lot of other tall guys I know, prefer shorter girls. The tall girl preference seems to be a short guy fantasy. Maybe it has to do with aiming to have average height offspring?

• Wow. I never thought of it like that. There are plenty of guys that wear extra soles or slighty platformed shoes, but guys should never wear heels.

• Actually it was quite common for men to wear heels in the 18th century. They were popular with the French nobility until Napoleon banned them (not surprising given how short he was).

• You know, he wasn't that short. He was average height. French and English inches were different lengths, so there was a conversion error.

• I always remember seeing that he was 5'6" or 5'7" at most. I guess maybe that was average for that time.

• LOL I never thought of it that way.

• If you want to wear heels it's your own business...

• That's why this guy is attractive as hell <3 :P

link</a>

• Never thought of that lol

That's great lol

5 stars

• You might be on to something there. ^^'

• Women wear high heels because they want an excuse to date even taller guys and say "i want a guy who isn't shorter than me with heels on" so it would be a legit excuse. Since for girls the taller the guys are the better.

• High heels aren't about being taller, they accent femininity.

• Let's start wearing heels then?