Do looks really matter in a man?

Women do looks matter in a man Whether dating or in a relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes to an extent looks do matter. But as you may know society is cruel and if a man has both money and power his looks are most likely going to be overlooked because a lot of women desire those things. Men are more visual creatures so they tend to place more on how a girl looks because of this. If you don't catch a guy's eye physically when you first meet him he will automatically place you in the friend category unless he gets to know you likes your personality yada yada yada you know the drill he may basically overlook looks and want to be with you for your personality but it may be hard for him to be intimate with you or stay with you for a long time because he is attracted to you mentally but not physically.

Women care more about a man's personality and what he can offer her. Women make their own money of course but we need to know that our partner can support himself and our family so if a woman meets a guy that say is facially challenged if he has a great job, makes a good salary, and has a good personality the fact that he's no Ryan Gosling tends to not matter. In many cases he may not even have to have a good personality for women who are just after men with assets they can spend, this is the case when you see a beautiful young woman with an old man that you wonder how the heck did he pull her...most likely he's loaded.

To most women we want our man to have the full package but most of us know that if he is not the most gorgeous thing out there but has other great qualities we will be okay with that and fall for him because of those other qualities. Men in a sense are similar by they may choose a cute girl who isn't you know drop dead stunner gorgeous but who has so many other great qualities that you still find her very attractive. But men still emphasize physical beauty more so than women and place a higher importance on it in determining whether or not to be in a relationship with a girl.

What Girls Said 11

• Sure, to an extent. The first thing most people notice is the way another person looks -- it tells you whether they respect themselves, take themselves seriously (perhaps too seriously), what their personal style is, and how confident/shy they are, etc. Before you hear the sound of their voice, you see whether the slouch or stand tall, wether they have "honest eyes" or a shifty gaze, and so forth. So yes, looks matter.

Does he have to be Hugh Jackman? Well, I wouldn't complain (lol) but it's not precisely necessary.

• ya but only to a point

for me, its either smile or eyes that reel me in... and then from there, the personality takes over. the guy I am into now, I can tell you, is very very average and most of my friends are "confused" why I like him so much but I think he is sexy now... because everything about him that I love, makes him more appealing.

i realize in time, looks change and things like cancer etc can really change, so its best not to get hung up on looks now. plus I am no prize myself so I can't be too judgy

• Yes somewhat but looks aren't all that matter

• As long as I can look at you and think you are cute then it's fine. Being a male supermodel isn't necessary nor is it the most important thing.

• yes. they do. its hard to have feelings for someone when you hate looking at them.

• of course they matter.

• Yes they matter

• Yes they do

• I go by nice smile and good manners. It makes a man look more attractive even if he isn't all that, a nice smile and manners will bring a 5 to a 10.

• yes and no. physical attraction is important but for instance I am not a fan of back hair on guys, and to be honest I like regular guys so I am not really into six packs either. But I have a friend that I work with, he used to be really overweight and he has crazy back hair. But I don't have a single bad thing to say about him because once I start to like someone even as a friend, I associate those things, the good and the bad with the great qualities of their personality and the great memories I have of that friend. And it is the same with a love interest. So it does for initial and continued attraction, but trust me, it on;y takes you so far, it doesn't matter how good you look if you are a huge jerk, it's about the quality of the person as a whole and how you want to spend your time. And I really like quirky guys, guys that aren't necessarily the most attractive but are unique and fun and smart and just plain goofy, but that is just me

• Of course looks matter in a man, just like looks matter in a woman;

However, we don't base our decisions just on looks. We also get much deeper in there to make sure you have a good personality. If you're worried that a girl won't like you due to your looks, don't show her the insecurity. If you're confident with yourself, then trust me.. we dig confidence, but not cockyness. <:

What Guys Said 8

• Yea it matters alot

I notice a lot of girls look at me when I'm shaved done my hair and wearing casial clothing then when I have a beard and got outra bed and done nothing (Sunday usually :p)

Besides smelling good is also attractive

• Yes they matter, unless your rich/famous

But a personality will keep people around and also it never fades with age...

• they sure do

• Very important.

• From what I've observed, they're just as important as personality, maybe even more so.

Remember to pay attention to what women do rather than what they say.

• yeah it matters

• absolutely!

• Erm, no, because as we all know, women have no eyes