Why do guys pick girls with skinny bodies but with ugly faces?

I have a beautiful face. When I was in High School I did photoshoots for the local town clothing store. It was for the plus sized girls clothes. Yet I have only had one boyfriend and it's because I am overweight. I get so sick and tired of guys picking girls who are ugly just because they have a skinny body. The 'butterfaces' as people around here call them. And if someone says it's personality, well a lot of people love my personality. I've heard guys whisper behind my back that I'd be a great girlfriend if it weren't for my weight.

I just read over this post and I know it sounds kind of conceited and arrogant. I am just feeling extremely bitter at the moment. Normally I don't talk the way I sound in this post. Last night my friends and I went to a bar together and they all got hit on except me. My one girl friend is ugly. Even she calls herself ugly, but she has the body to make up for it. She complains about her looks sometimes and says people make fun of her for her looks. We don't, but she says other people do. Anyway, even she was getting hit on and by hot guys. Maybe it was just the booze talking, but I mean if beer goggles are supposed to work then why weren't they hitting on me? We all went back to my place afterward with the guys and I kept trying to talk to them because I am outgoing, but they kept talking to my friends. And my ugly friend had two guys talking to her.

Like I said, the post is probably coming off conceited but I am angry. Why should the ugly girl get guys over the hot girl just because of weight? She's only got a nice body becaause she works out to make up for her face.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can definitely understand you and I understand what you mean by 'your ugly friend'. It's not disrespectful, it's just the statement of truth like how you can say that you're overweight and it's something you see, you can also see if a person's face is more or less attractive than others.

Anyways, this is like reading a dejavu - I've been in te same exact stituation as you a few years ago ( I mean I didn't necesseraly think that I was prettier than my friends but I wasn't uglier either). Then I lost weight and when we go out as the same group now, guys come to me more. And well I still have more meat on my bones than any of my other friends but still, I have more attention.

Tha fact is guys are so oriented on your body when you're in a club because all they think of when they check out girls at clubs is sex. Nothing else. It's that simple. They don't care about your personalty, your face or whatever. So don't be so upset about it, it's no big deal. Don't go out with lot girls if you really want to hook up in a club. Actually try going out with a bunch of guys. It seemed to work for me.

Honestly it's not guys' fault either, its media that makes them all about looks.you'd expect an intelligent person to figure this out but unfortunately, they are very rare.

What Guys Said 3

• Are you sure it isn't your body language or lack of confidence sending out the wrong message to guys?

• lose weight. problem solved.

• I only eat supper and yet the weight won't come off. It just stays the same exact. I've been battling weight and dieting. As soon as I am done dieting it comes back so I just went back to eating once a day again. I went a week without eating and my scale said I lost 10 pounds but then I started eating and it came back and I didn't stuff myself either. I just ate supper.

• A small city in Ontario. And the coach was a woman and in her 30s. I might do running.

• running is a good physical activity... however, you have to love jogging. otherwise, it is boring as hell.

• Because guys like t*ts, ass, and vagina.

If those three things are in shape and look hot than its worth putting up with the ugly face.

What Girls Said 4

• Guys care more about bodies than face. Your body has a lot to do with your attractive level. Honestly, fat girls with gorgeous faces can be some of the most beautiful women if you look deep down because fat minimizes your attractive level. So if you're still pretty while you're very overweight then you must have a lot of beauty to make up for it. I always think that fat girls with gorgeous faces would probably be models and jaw droppers if they would get down to a healthy weight.

But any way, when it comes to sexual attraction guys look at bodies more. That's why they have magazines for nude women and focus on their body parts, not magazines where guys gush over how pretty a girls face is. They say look at that small waist, look at that ass; not look at her wonderful cheekbones and eyes.

Even if the girls face is bad , they have all these sexual positions where you don't even have to look at the girls face.

• Picking someone with an awesome body and ugly face is just as shallow as picking a girl with a beautiful face and unattractive body.

I don't know why people paint one to be better than the other. They are just different forms of beauty.

People will pick whichever beauty they value more.

• Also, I think it's incredibly nasty that you call people "ugly" and "hideous". It's mean spirited and makes it seem unreasonable for you to be so upset with the fact people aren't knocking down your door.

• I've been wondering this and wondering it and whenever I put the question to my guy friends, they bite their tounges due to lack of an answer. I think it's all in their confidence, Skinny girls have a surpluss of confidence because they are skinny. Confidence is one of the sexiest things to a guy. I know ugly faced, fat, confident girls who get laid every other night and then I know shy fit girls with 0 confidence and for the most part guys ignore them. Hell I even have a friend who was in pretty good shape but thought she was fat and the guys retty much ignored her. then she started smoking, got skinny as a result (bony even) and my guy friends say all the time she is getting pointy looking, but it all went to her head and they all want her because of the confidence.

• You shouldn't have such a low opinion of people who you consider to be ugly. You're looking down one them. Others may not consider them to be ugly and/or be attracted to their personality. You're calling your friend 'my ugly friend'. It's really disrespectful and shallow, and some people may pick up on that.

If you think your weight is holding you back, then reduce your calorie intake or increase your calorie spending. People will be more attracted to others who look after themselves or look healthy.

• She calls herself ugly. She even calls herself the ugly friend. You should see her Facebook statuses. She jokes about it, but I think it actually does bother her. Yet with that lack of confidence she gets guys all the time, and it's not from sleeping around... like she doesn't put out. She just manages to get long term boyfriends. And anyway, I said in my post I normally don't talk like I sound in my post. I am just feeling bitter. And this is the internet. I don't care if internet people

• I just have the same meal everyday, or close to it. Chicken breast, rice, and vegetables. Usually I change up the vegetables and sometimes I won't have rice, but I don't know how to cook so I just make something simple or I go to my moms. She will never cook me fattening food. And I have a job, so I do do stuff during the day. I thought person was supposed to have like 1200 caloeries a day. I don't think my supper can be more then that. And I don't eat dessert.

• I've been overweight since I was five and have been trying to lose weight since I moved out on my own but it comes back or it stays.