Short in a man as in fat in a woman?

Do you think these two are similar, in a sense that they are the "unattractive" factors in both genders?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on personal preference. I don't mind a short guy, tbh. It's kind of a turn on. That's why I love Stilettos. they put me about an inch over my bf... not much but it works lol

What Girls Said 7

• I'm pretty sure a short guy who wasn't fat wouldn't get called disgusting or lazy by someone just looking at him. Have you ever been harassed on the street because you're short?

• No, I knew a guy who was 5'6" but gorgeous, smart, and had a great personality.

Also, personally, I've seen some fat girls who were beautiful.

• I'm short, so it's OK for the guy to be short. However a fat girl isn't so lucky most of time.

• Short men aren't unattractive...I've seen some amazing looking short guys and they were shocked that I found them attractive because so many girls just see their height and back off.

• HAha I suppose you don't like fat women then according to your statement.

Anyway, it could possibly be true for SOME not ALL people.

I knew a bunch of guys in high school which I found attractive and I wouldn't ever consider dating because of their height... So, I could see how a man could look at a pretty girl who is overweight and not consider dating her because of the extra pounds. Though not everyone is that shallow. :]

• I love short men so much, I don't know about other girls but I find tall men a bit unattractive in the sense that they simply are too tall, I love short men. No matter how short, all you guys will be taller and more powerful in the most mesmerizing way. If you know where I can find a great, funny and tender short guy please let me know, lol

• I have seen short guys who are totally hot and tall guys who are so ugly. Height doesn't matter that much.

I will never date a fat guy. I am short and I would date a short guy.

What Guys Said 5

• No. In my opinion, fat in a woman is equivalent to fat in a man. Both genders (for the most part) consider it unattractive. Fat people of both genders generally have it harder. I'd say shortness in a guy is equivalent to something like "curvelessness" in a girl. A short guy lacks height, and a "curveless" girl obviously lacks curves. Height and curves are seen as attractive to women and men respectively. Men and women who are lacking in those departments are seen as less attractive than men and women who aren't lacking. Both (for the most part) can't really be changed as well.

• Short men who may be feeling a little insecure about your height: These female answers are precisely why your short stature does not completely put you out of the game. This is the first time I've ever seen someone actually LIKE shortness in a guy.

• A female friend of mine once went on a date with a guy she met online, and she referred to him as "short". When I asked her how tall he was, she said "5-foot-9". I laughed and pointed out to her that the average height of an American male is 5'10'', which means this guy was less than 2% below average. That would be the equivalent of calling a 5'3'' girl who weighed 122 pounds "fat" because it's the same % deviation from normal BMI.

• But where would that leave short, fat men?

• I think they are similar in the sense that these would turn off some people, but they wouldn't disqualify you from dating in general. You still have plenty of opportunities, even if you are a short man or an overweight woman.

If you are a short man (let's say 5'5'), you still have plenty of women that are under that height, and I'm sure most women 2 or 3 inches taller won't make a big deal out of it.

If you are an overweight woman, there are still plenty of overweight men.

Not that you have to settle with someone as the same height or weight as you, but there are plenty of decent attractive people out there who are short men or overweight women.

• Yes. Each is a basic undesirable characteristic in the respective gender.