If I am short does that mean I shouldn't chase girls that are taller than me?

I don't care about women being taller than me, I actually think they are very sexy, but I read constantly the girls want guys to be taller than them, because they want to wear heels and still feel shorter than him and they don't want to feel like a giant or their mother or big sister etc. I don't want to waste my time on somebody who thinks like that. Should I just put my efforts on girls shorter than me?

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think so. I'm about 5'4" which some would say is average height for a US female and I have been attracted to quite a few guys who are a few inches shorter than me. I've been heavier than some of them too, and I'm only 130lb. I'm not gonna lie and say that I would not prefer that my boyfriend/significant other be taller than me because in my mind that would be ideal. not because short people are not attractive but I suppose there is something masculine about having to look up into your boyfriends eyes rather than looking down?not sure. however I have one story that might cheer you up. I know this couple that goes to my school. let's call them mindy and zeke. mindy is beautiful. she's kind of whorish but that's not important. she's the definition of beach babe. zeke is a star football player. very popular and well liked. mindy and zeke have been together for almost 2 years now (off and on) but get this: mindy is 5'7" and zeke barely makes 5'4". the fact that zeke is a senior (well now he's graduated and starting college in August) may have something to do with it but the point is, they's been together for 2 years. if height was an issue I'm sure they would have called it quits by now.

true story. I would give you their twitter info because they always take pics together but that could get me in a bit of trouble. so don't give up on chasing your amazonian princesses! one is bound to slow down, take a good look at you and say "your a cutie pie" and whisk you away in her arms to her love chamber ;) hope I helped you out someway.

• thanks! it was very helpful, hopefully I can find a girl like that, I like short girls too though and my girlfriends have been short but tall girls to me are very attractive.

• Wow, I've never really run into guys shorter than 5'6" at the shortest. I also want to know what a 5'4" star football player looks like. I was taller than that by the time I was 12, and I'm only 5'10" as an adult.

What Girls Said 5

• that is all just some superficial blabber. Just because one tall girl is a superficial airhead don't assume they all are. If you are interested in a girl then go for it and be confident in yourself.

I might say that I do not prefer some features, for ex: me and my bff say that we hate Light Skined dudes, and guys with long hair but we just blabb our mouths for our own entertainment. both of us have had a bad expierence with a guy who looked that way so it can amuse us to talk about them like that

But in all honesty, if the guy is awesome then I can definitely get passed what he looks like, I'm not that picky. I would not pass up a guy that can give me everything I want just because he likes to keep his hair long or his skin is yellow, or he is shorter than I am.

i have never dated a short guy or ever met a short guy that I felt a connection with even just as friends but it had nothing to do with his height, it was just the simple fact that we did not know each other or have ever really talked. But I have seen some short guys and I think the ones that like to act all macho and tough and take control are so sexy

• I personally wouldn't care either way. Being taller actually appeals to me in a way. Besides, I'm 5'9", heels (3-6 inches, depending on my outfit, mood, etc) are my footwear of choice, and I'm kinda used to it.

However, I know this girl who is 6'1" and she refuses to date anyone under 6'5". But she has unreasonable standards in general, like how she wants a super buff guy, but doesn't take care of herself :/

• If they have an issue with it they are stupid and petty you are better off without them. I married a man who is shorter than me and I still wear my 5 inch heels. All the more better for both of us since it practically puts my boobs in his face at all times... Score for both! Look at the positives..

• That is pretty amazing, why did you marry him? And also why didn't you care about his height? I mean probs to you lol

• Because height doesn't matter to me and it doesn't bother him. he is and was my best friend.

• I'm 5'7 and like to wear heels. The guy I'm seeing is only 5'7 and I have no issue. If you don't try you'll never know. Oh and the tiny girls only ever want the big Rugby players and anyway and the tall guys always want the midgets so you might as well play all sizes...you've nothing to lose.

• you could but majority of women want guys taller than them. it looks weird for a man to be shorter than the female

• so yes I shouldn't I don't want to waste my time on something that is going nowhere

What Guys Said 2

• I read some study that said most women prefer men who are at least 3-4 inches taller than them. Personally I don't care about height and find it rather shallow that so many women put so much importance on it, but that's life.

• I am Short 5.2"