Is it true that you can have all skills in the world, but people judge everything on your image and looks?

I got long obnoxious E-mail from local promoter and title of it was..."The promoter star light Entertainment has not accepted your submission "...Well I'm not going share you my entire personal letter they sent me ...But the letter content was all about shooting down my "image" like American idol used too do to people lol

long story short...Basically they wanted my talent but not my face , body and clothes...? hahha basically they wanted this link not my hip hop and punk Rock self :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Its somewhat true but yet unfair, Lets use me for example, I dress like a "business person" but yet I have wild hair, I get all kinds of looks, some good, mostly bad, even almost got into a fight with a stranger or two, but I don't let people's opinions discourage me because at the end of the day, my concious is all I need to feel happy.

Same thing should go for you and everyone.

• you see, they wil not let you be you :( you'll have to do spme saling out!

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, majority of the time, first impressions are more powerful.

• Don't they know you are a model?

• that sucks :(

• thats life...waiting to get ahead with 20 years of broken mirror bad luck lol

• hope you get your break! itll happen one day, don't sell out just for the easy road.

• its not all true, however if you are an entertainer, image is part of the package, so it makes sense

• your own unique image is and they should control it.

• your own unique image is packagable - it can't be controlled

What Guys Said 5

• If you have a better voice than Susan Boyle (do you?) may be the industry can absorb one person like that every few years.

In lieu of the vocal or musical talent that CLEARLY wipes the floor with the best of the current talent, you need both the looks and the charisma to go with the musical talents. If you show them pix that are along the lines of what you have on your profile on here, even if you had more talent than Jay-Z and Kanye West combined, many in the industry would not be willing to bet their time and money on you. Work on your image.

• sadly yes

• That guy in the pic looks like a douche bag.

• Screw them dude. that's all I have to say.

• If you seriously didn't know that America was all about style and image by now, then you've been living in the clouds your entire life.