If you think you are good-looking. Do you think it's true?

Well this obviously doesn't apply to everyone because there are girls who so much makeup it's is ridiculous and think they are perfect but it is more directed towards guys. Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• i deal with this question all the time..still no answer.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm sorry, but this question is dumb...

Anyone who thinks they are good-looking..

Is going to believe it is true..

Else, they wouldn't think it.

• Some days I look good, other days I look bad. So you tell me because I have no idea.

• yea right? you look great!

• With the exception of being over weight I think I have a pretty face and I believe that to be true.

• If you don’t have confident on how you look, do you think you can talk to a person face to face? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In God’s eye there’s no such thing as ugly. Only the levels of appreciation of the person affect this.

• i agree with the 3rd anonymous user below.

i think I'm kind of cute. and people do tell me that alot.

but sometimes its hard to believe because I'm also fat.

im not like huge to the point that I can't walk right. but I'm heavier than someone who's considered curvy, yet guys always stare and try to talk to me.

if guys don't like fat girls, why are they trying to talk to me? I don't get it.

well yeah. I guess I'm not so bad looking.

im pretty cute. :D

• Did you make a mistake with your question? I would assume that if a person thinks they are good looking, they would also believe it was true.

• I think it all has to do with self esteem and how one sees themselve

• Eh. People tell me I'm pretty, beautiful, and cute and I agree sometimes. Other days I look in the mirror and I'm like "wtf?"

I think I'm very pretty but I don't think I'm overall attractive because I'm obese, literally. It kind of shocks me when other people tell me they like my body. I'm always like "are you on crack?" Its especially awkward when someone tries to hit on me and is very forward and tells me they think I'm sexy. I think theyre crazy, that's my first reaction. But I also understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and everyone likes different things.

So other people find me attractive and sometimes I do too. I don't know how true attraction can be. Its not a matter of truth or not. I'm sure some people think I'm ugly. Its just that many people dont. That's all I can say. If I think I'm a certain way, that's ultimately the most important thing. I don't think there's "truth" in any of this.

although I would be lying if I said there wasn't some sense of validation in hearing other people compliment me and tell me I'm pretty and this and that. My own perception of myself comes first and should come first, but I think its a natural reaction to incorporate positive responses from many other people into your perception of yourself. Its a confidence booster to have people compliment you. and I think when you get positive feedback from other people it changes how you perceive other people reacting to you. If you were oblivious to someone staring at you because they think you're pretty or someone flirting with you before, because you saw yourself a certain way, constant feedback can make you more aware of things and to understand how other people see you. I think sometimes we can be our harshest critics and because what we say ultimately matters most, if we are too down on ourselves, and no one tells us bluntly that we are wrong, we can miss all the signs or completely misinterpret how others see us.

• Hmm, I guess to some people it might be. But everybody has different tastes so you can't really answer that question accurately.

What Guys Said 4

• Well I base my looks by the response and opinions of others, the success that I've had with girls, and the general consensus about the looks of the girls that I've dated.

When a guy is generally considered to be good looking he will not have to inquire about whether he is or isn't, he'll know by the attention and the special treatment that he receives from the girls(most likely at an early age).

• I like to think I'm reasonably attractive, yes. Obviously looks are subjective and some girls may disagree, but this is how I personally feel about my looks. My facial features are mostly symmetrical. My skin is clear (I've never had any problems with acne). I used to be pretty thin, but over the past year and a half, I've gotten much better. I'm still slightly underweight, but it isn't as bad as it used to be (I have a tough time gaining weight). I've started working out again and am toning up. I'm a good height (6ft). Whenever I subject my looks to female judgement, I get a lot of positive responses (for the most part).

I tend to focus primarily on what I don't like about myself physically. It's nice to focus on what I do like from time to time.

• I think I'm good looking sometimes but now I don't think it's true. ha ha I don't know how that works. Anyways, I thought I was okay looking with some facial hair but once I shaved it off yesterday I think I look unattractive. I have such a round face and I hate it. The only person I can think of who has a round of a face as me is Kanye West, but he has facial hair and millions of dollars, he's also dating Kim Kardashian.

• I'm good looking :)