Is there something wrong with being average looking?

On the "rate yourself" Q's, I notice those who say they're average get hounded and speaking from experience, I'm curious as to why it's considered bad to admit to being average appearance wise

some people aren't ugly but they aren't beautiful, so they're average. I like being average to be honest. I'm not beautiful but I'm not necessarily ugly either(in my opinion). I also notice that the people who say they're good looking get attacked and the people who say they're ugly get praises.

what's wrong with being average?

pure curiosity :p

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with it. The vast majority of people are average. I consider myself pretty average. The problem is that nobody wants to be average. So if you tell someone they're a 5 they're insulted. The truth of the matter is that if you're a 5 the majority of people would be attracted enough to you to date you. So instead, for some stupid reason, people tend to tell people who are 5s that they are higher. Even 7s or 8s. That I don't get

What Guys Said 7

• Nothing wrong with average, average is what the general look is, so your not a athlete, so you don't put athletic down, your not fat so you don't put few extra pounds, your not large so you don't put it, and your not over weight so you don't put it, so what's left? Average, there you go, nothing wrong in average, I like average women,x

• Great point...why aren't people happy to be average looking? If you are healthy, you have nothing to envy anyone! It shows what the media does to people; they can never be satisfied with themselves.

• Most people think they're average, so they comfort the people who say ugly and feel jealous and envious of people who say they're hot.

You must be hot, damn.

• I love being average. I'm not overly attractive so I don't take things for granted and I've developed (in my opinion obviously) a decent personality. I'm also not ugly, so I'm still able to get with girls.

I've kind of gone through phases throughout my life. As a kid I used to think I was adorably cute :P, and then after about Grade 5 I started to think I was ugly haha, Grades 8 and 9 I thought I was cute again, 10 I thought I was unattractive but not quite "ugly", and now I'm pretty confident that I'm attractive lmao. But basically I've worked hard enough my whole life and I'm happy with where I am now. I'm inexperienced with dating but I'm fine with that cause since I'm average I will have plenty of time for that later :P

• Nothing at all! I actually prefer average or cute to like.. what most people consider hot. It's just more attractive to me! :)

• there absolutely nothing wrong with being average, but ,i say, it's a combination of psychological/biological factors that predispose us to feel that we'd rather be more than average.

What one finds out quickly when their young is that those who you find beautiful,attractive may not find you as appetizing; therefore psychologically teaching one that you'd much rather be beautiful. (however, the older you get, the faster you realize that tangible beauty only goes so far)

Biologically, you crave those you find hot. Psychologically, you learn that those you perceive as hot crave people who are hot too. From there, it's just basic math when trying to understand why people rather be above average.

• Well I ain't beautiful but I'm sure as hell not ugly so I must be average looking... time to start punching beautiful people in the face. But seriously I'm fine with who I am, I might not shine but I do sparkle.

What Girls Said 3

• Nothing is wrong with being average looking. Though, if I had a choice I wouldn't want to be average.

Average when nothing stands out. Not even an ass or breasts. -_-

Most people think by telling someone they're not ugly would help. That's not how it works.

You can't say a 4 is beautiful.. What you should be saying is what they can do to be at least a 5-7. You can't mask the truth. It's all there.

We all know ugliness exist.. Just like it exist in personalities.

• people seem to think that it means you think you're ugly,i mean sure, saying you're ''a 5'' sounds low,but really,it just means you're as attractive as most people.

• Nah, people who say their ugly get flamed. Whenever I say I'm ugly or rate myself low I get barraged with downs and people telling me not to say things like that. Ugly, average, and beautiful people exist, we all accept that, but whenever someone says they're ugly it's like people think they're putting themselves down. No I'm not putting myself down, I really am ugly and I'm being honest about my appearance.

Anyway, nothing wrong with being average. I wish I were average.