Girlfriend said she is with me for my face not my body should I feel so offended?

My girlfriend said today that she was with me for my face not my body and that my body was not her type. I am tall and thin but have a slim toned body with a 6 pack. Now I am quite self conscious and she knows this and it has really got to me and I said that if you don't like my body why would I wanna be naked with you etc? Its not gonna make me feel that comfortable or great is it. Then we had an argument and are no longer talking tonight. Did I react the right way? would other people be offended if their girlfriend told them this?

Most Helpful Girl

• that is so incredibly shallow. being in a relationship just because of the way a person looks is bad enough, but she's dating you for your face? why would you even want to be in a relationship like that?

btw, she probably wants you to feel insecure because she's insecure herself. good riddance, I say! by the way, you sound attractive. tall, slim, toned..? c'mon--that's hot.

;)

What Girls Said 2

• i think that girls shouldnt be with a guy only becouse of looks. what then if you loose your looks?She will leave u? She should be with you becouse of what you are as a person not besouse of your looks or body or money or status cos that all can change. Think ,are you with the right girl.?

• That was rude and unnecessary for her to say that. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot she wouldn't feel so good if you told her the same thing. I'm offended for you I would feel the same way if I was in your situation. Especially for her to say that after she knows your insecurities.

What Guys Said 1

• Your girlfriend's statement revealed far more than you wanted to know about her in a flash of ugly revelation. Not only does your girlfriend come across as pretty superficial, but she also lacks the emotional intelligence to understand how deeply she's managed to hurt your feelings. In a world of fat, lumpy, pasty video junkies, a wiry and muscular bod is nothing to sniff at. And by the way, Brother, a lot of young hotties specialize in men with your physique. You have nothing to worry about and can stand proud when the ladies come body shopping. Add to this mix the fact that your mug ain't so hard on the eyes, plus your expressed ability to share your feelings in a reflective, sensitive fashion, and it just may be that you're not a bad catch after all.

On the other hand, your woman makes me feel a walk in the park gone bad. Everything is beautiful until you suddenly stumble into a pile of something squishy. Then the stink follows you until you manage to remove the last of it from your person. Be of good cheer, my friend, you don't have to travel to OZ to find partner with both a heart and a brain!