Are you an outfit planner or do you toss your ensemble together at the last minute?

I plan my outfits out the night before, down to the lipstick that looks best with it. I take into account who will be in the office, what clients I'm meeting with (on work days), where I'll be going, who I'll be seeing, what activities we'll be partaking in (on weekends). As a result I generally look well put together and will sometimes get compliments on my outfits.

How about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't plan my work wardrobe well in advance most of the time, but I've mainly moved my workwear to ... well work. My experiments deviating from classic dress, I now use occasionally, but I understand the limitations. Most of my suits/jackets/pants are in blue/grey/brown tones, most shirts white/blue with the odd pink one, and I could probably get dressed in the dark and it would turn out okay because almost all the shirts look good with almost all the jackets and similarly with almost all the pants. If I feel like it I throw in an accent on a square or something and those are mostly in complementary offset colors.

I plan in great detail if I'm doing a presentation.

• You might be entertained to know that on many days what I wear is driven off where in shoe rotation I am that week. Yeah, that's right.

What Guys Said 13

• Half the time I don't even know what I'm doing until the morning of that day. My job is screwy right now, so sometimes my jobs get canceled or rescheduled and sometimes something gets moved up. Some jobs are going to be "dirty" (up on a roof, crawling in an attic, etc.) and others are "clean" (meeting with a customer, doing a bid, or configuring equipment with a laptop), so how I dress for the day really depends on the job.

Anyway, I'm a guy, so it's simple either way.

• Generally I just toss it together in the last minute however there are times where if I'm told that I must wear something of a particular color for an event (team sport etc.) then I'll plan just to make sure I have something clean to toss on that morning otherwise I may have tossed it on earlier and not have it available.

• i don't do *outfits*. I will put any pair of pants I own with any shirt I own.

• Most of the time I don't really bother - I try to wear shoes that match my shirt, and I try to wear socks that match each other, but that's about it.

It's kind of lame, but there is one girl I really like though, and if I'm going to be seeing her, then I do make a bit more of an effort.

• There are some things I plan, but for the most part, I go with my gut.

• I would say I "plan" my out fits, but honestly everything I buy goes with everything I own. I can mix and match any pair of shoes, jeans, shirt, or button up and always match. I'm about as bad about clothes and shoes as women are

• I just put on what ever fit's and feels relaxing.

• I role out of bed and pull on a pair of dress panys and a dress shirt. Or jeans a and t depending on the day. The only time I really think about it is if I'm suiting up than it's which suit which tie which belt etc.

• I put on whatever I feel like.

• No, not really. I think that's more of a girl thing, by the way, you look great in your default

• no, I'm not a girl, I don't plan my outfits out the night before. I got more important things to do.

• as a girl I think that's normal, but there's something wrong if your planning your outfit the night before as a guy

• Usually I put it together at the last minute, but then it's not like I have to choose from a lot of choices.

What Girls Said 20

• Nah - I'm not really a planner - unless it's for something I know is going to be a big deal or something.

But my outfits usually look well put together anyway; I know what looks good with what; I just don't like to plan to far ahead, what I think I might want to wear the night before - the times when I have planned - always feels ... wrong when I put it on the next morning.

I've no idea why.

So I've taken to being a bit more off the cuff.

• I hardly ever plan my outfits in advance. I do them on the last minute most of the time. Unless I have a very big event that I'm going to then I'll do some planning but for everyday classes and weekends I just do it last minute style.

• I play the fun game of reaching into the closet/dresser in the dark and grabbing something. Then you go into the light and see if what you picked out goes together or not. If it does, sweet. If it doesn't? Ah well...lol

• If I feel pretty good and I like the weather I'll put something together because it suits my whole mood. I'll work it out at night, but just think it out in my head, or in the morning before getting out of bed. If it doesn't work I'll just keep trying different things till it works.

I used to dress up all the time but I need more money, more clothes to continue... I mean for it to be worth the effort. There's no point dressing up if you're not happy with what you have.

So right now I'm living pretty simple when it comes to clothes and the way I dress.

• I plan my outfits, but it's always right before I leave lol

I couldn't remember the last time I planned an outft the night before if my life depended on it!

Wait, actually I can lol. I was on a trip in Europe with a group and I had to be up an ready to go. But before then, I hadn't planned my outfits the night before since I was a kid and my parents made me. However, I don't just leave looking like a slob. I love fashion, I think it's so much fun putting outfits together. My managers at work always put me and this other girl in charge of redesigining the walls at our botique. :)

• i'll have an idea of what I want to wear but I don't strictly plan it. a lot of things in my wardrobe tend to go well with each other anyway. but then other times I'll have a set idea of how I want to look the next day

• All of last school year was kind of a jeans and t shirt year, but I do like to plan when I leave time for it (which lately hasn't been too often). I like fashion, though, and I do enjoy putting a little thought into what I'm wearing.

• When I was a little girl I wanted to be a fashion designer. While that is not my dream now, I guess you could say I kind of "keep it alive" by "designing" my outfits. I'll draw cute outfits and then Ill wear whatever is the most similar in my closet. Amongst my friends I'm the fashionista and I often get compliments on my clothes and get asked advice on clothes and makeup

• For an important event or a day when I know I'm going to see someone special I will plan it. If not I usually plan in my head when I'm falling asleep the night before, and then hope it looks good on. If it doesn't I have no problem just throwing something together...every day isn't a fashion show

• no,unless there's something new I'm dying to wear. I usually just take ten minutes before I leave the house,and choose something,but I get compliments all the time,i'm not much of a ''jeans and t-shirt'' kind of girl.

• Depends really. If I'm going out on a special night or occasion, it's a must. If it's for whatever day, I just put a good looking outfit together at the last second. :)

• Most of the time I plan my outfits in advance .Usually the day or the night (sometimes even a week or a month in advance ) before the day of the outing . :)

• i put it together at the last minute. Fashion doesn't interest me enough to spend time on it. I commend you though.

My outfits consist of curvy skinny jeans, Graphic T-shirts, and converse. Comfort and style.

• I do both.

• Usually I just plan in my head the night before of what I want to wear

• Depends where I'm going. Usually always last minute things, unless it's a special event I know about or someone to impress haha. :D

• I put on what ever I find last mintue :-/

• I'm a tosser lol I just grab and go, it usually ends up looking acceptable so I have no problem.

• Usually it is just last minute but if it is a certain event then sometimes I plan it.

• as with most things in life

i wing it