Would you be model under the "plus" category?

Let's say you wanted to model for Victoria's Secret, or some lingerie company. However, you would have to model for plus-sized models, according to the owners or managers of the products.

Not because you're fat, or overweight, or anything, but because you were fuller in areas than the current models.

(When I mean fuller, I mean breast, thighs, butt.)

Would you model for them,under the plus-sized category?

I so would. I would have to.

I am curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't bother me to be considered a "plus size model". That said, I would only feel comfortable doing if I actually fit in the sizes considered "plus size".

I used to work in the flagship store of a plus-size clothing company, and sometimes we would hold events for our customers that included "fashion shows". I met the models for the fashion show (who were also the models they used in their ads and promo material), and they were actually size 8-12 (the clothing they were modeling were for size 14+). The stylist would pin the clothing on them so that it would fit.

It would make me feel uncomfortable because it's misleading, both in terms of what size 14+ people actually look like (it tells women that a size 10 girl is "plus size"), and how the clothing will actually fit (for example, sometimes I shop online, so I can't try something on. I look at how the clothing fits the model to try to determine how it would fit me, based on where I carry my weight, etc... but when I actually receive the clothing, it fits completely different, since on the model, it's pinned in certain areas so that it actually fits her).

Basically, I think that plus-size models should be plus-size.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• wth? Half the "plus" size ladies I see are just curvy. Their is nothing plus sized about them! A size 9 is NOT plus size.. So I would be a little offended by that. It implies that because I am not ultra thin I'm some what fat. Plus size starts at 12 if you ask me. A woman with fuller sized hips does not constitute the "plus"

• I probably would be a plus sized model anyway. I would be happy being either one.

• Yeah, sure. Why wouldn't I?

• I would. You do have to be at least a certain size to be a plus size model, though. I think most healthy people fall between the size requirements of a runway model and plus sized model.

• Pft that's $$$$ hell yea I would

• Haha no, but mostly because of my opinion of it. Plus-sized models aren't plus-sized, so unless they're going to be honest and say, "okay fine these are just more skinny girls," I'm not getting into that industry. I couldn't walk out on a runway or photoshoot and have my "people" calling me an inspiration to plus-sized girls when I look nothing like an actual plus-sized girl. It would feel like a betrayal.

• I didn't think of it that way.

• Just to clarify, I'm not dissing anyone who does become a "plus-sized" model. It's a rad opportunity. It's just about MY picky convictions :P