Why do some guys get annoyed if girls wear makeup?

lately I've been hearing about guys who are ranting about girls who wear makeup and acting like they don't approve and giving reasons as to why we wear makeup. what's the deal? why do these guys feel like they can preach about the social ills of makeup wearing and think that it says something about our characters and personalities because we choose to wear it? like we should stop wearing makeup to please you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls do wear too much, but most girls don't

The thing is, a lot of the guys who don't like makeup like homely looking girls and they themselves aren't too good looking to begin with. Most girls who wear makeup and take care of their appearances aren't looking to go for uggos, so it's really up to a woman to decide whether their opinions are important or not

I genuinely do mean it when I see take a look at the appearance of guys who dislike makeup versus the guys who don't mind. HUGE difference

I'm too lazy to wear makeup nowadays though, but I'm sure I will once school starts

What Guys Said 4

• Because most women wear to much make up. I know to many women with natural beauty, that have bought into this make up BS. and wear make up when they don't need to.

When make up is used properly, you should not even know a woman is wearing it. If you notice a women is wearing make up outside of lipstick, you are wearing to much.

• lipstick AND all eye makeup. but lipstick you can wear nude and it look natural. And it's not always the fact that "we don't need it" we WANT to wear it we ENJOY wearing it.

• Couldn't we say that about any thing? What about fancy cars? Do men need those? Electronics like iPods, tablets? Why rag on makeup and try to use some media advertising spiel against it when, unless you are some hermit, there are probably things you buy into as a result of convincing ads? I don't like your condescending attitude

• I rag on make up because it is something that I have an issue with, most women that wear it don't need it. As for my attitude, just because I don't agree with you does not make it condescending.

If you don't want to hear someone answer, don't ask a question. That is something about women in general, you ask for a guys opinion than get upset when it is not what you want to hear.

You women dress to compete with each other, you do not dress for us men.

• really? are you talking with guys in brother jed's cult that think womerns belong barefoot in the kitchen makin babies? some girls def overdo it but its obvious and if a guy has an issue they should get over it.

• Because some guys think that girls look hideous with makeup on.

Those girls they are referring to, are the ones that wear too much.

Just enough to accent the best parts of the face is all that's needed. :)

• Some women over do it and guys like to no how women really look

What Girls Said 4

• Some girls just put on too much and it doesn't look good or enhance their features at all.

With most girls I see, they don't seem to realize how beautiful they already are, with all the different make up they pile on to their faces. Just a bit of make up is usually all that most girls could ever need.

• Good for you. You obviously wear make-up for you and no one else. That is what matters.

• They finally got sick of waking up and looking at pillows with face prints on them :0

• some girls are pretty with out make up. I wouldn't call myself pretty but I don't buy make up nor do I wear it. But the other day I saw this girl ( she was ghost white ) and had black lipstick on.. I almost died