What's with girls wearing big glasses? Most of them look so weird, they take up half of their face! Like these

link

link

Whats the appeal?

0|0
8|5

Most Helpful Girl

• It's in trend - at least it was last summer.

There's always something in fashion that someone is going to think is ridiculous and that others are going to follow regardless. It's about personal taste - and for a lot of young women - mimicking the style of their favorite celeb.

For what I can make out - a lot of people who wear them, apart from copying style, like them because they allow you to have off days with make-up - where most of your face is covered.

They accommodate for full shielding of the eyes - so if you're sat on the beach, reading a book you don't get ray above or below the glasses.

And a lot of people have said they're more comfortable.

I don't know if I agree with that - but each to their own.

A lot of people however, tend not to take their face shape into consideration when buying sunglasses and a slight alteration in the frame can change the style from looking 'weird' to something quite flattering and chic. Some face shapes should just avoid them.

That said - I much prefer a lot of other style sunglasses above this one.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I wear big glasses 'cause each one of my eyeballs is 4 inches wide. You may be wonderin if I have a giant head, whereas my eyes are so big, but nope, just about the size of a big cabbage, like everyone elses. The big eyes I was born with, but my ears didn't start growing real giant-like til I was 12. Got so big I finally had to snip em off, cause they were making my head too heavy. 'Course then my glasses wouldn't stay on so I had to jammer some plugs into my head. That hurt some. Like I always say, it's always rainin sumwhere.

2|1
    0|0
  • To me meh I don't really care for them but if I could choose on or off defiantly off there not even the most stylish glasses. Anyways I'm not much for fashion but I don't really see and appeal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing, weird, nothing exceptional, it was the trend 20 years ago, now the trend is to small glasses.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it in, plain and simple. Same reason people pierce they're ears, other people do it.

0|0
    1|0
  • They were actually in fashion, a long time ago. I know it seems hard to understand at your age, but fashions come and go, and things only look right or wrong to depending on how used to them we are.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I'm not into sunglasses in general myself lol, but I don't think it's that bad of a trend. Like most other trends, sometimes it looks good and sometimes it just doesn't. But people just do it because it's popular.

And, a fun fact that may be relevant: big eyes are one of the universal views of beauty, along with being symmetrical and whatnot.

0|0
    0|0
  • i like the first photo, I think those are cute. the second one is dumb. idk, I think that some people can pull it off without looking bug-faced.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love both of those sunglasses but I'd only wear the second ones. I loveee big sunglasses! The bigger the better-they cover the whole eye area, you don't need to wear any make-up and you can just throw them on and they make you look great! I'm a big fan lol. And I like them to be totally blacked out so I can people watch lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • i have a round head, and smaller glasses just don't flatter my head shape. so I have to oppt for bigger glasses, bbut I wouldn't go as big as the 1st one.. eww hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • That's the exact reason. I love wearing them, when I'm going out in my sweats and I don't even need to worry about my makeup or anything. It's perfect.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both pictures look dumb... People should pick glasses based on the shape of their face..

0|0
    1|0
  • It's a chic way to look in my opinion

0|0
    0|0