What's with girls wearing big glasses? Most of them look so weird, they take up half of their face! Like these

link

link

Whats the appeal?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's in trend - at least it was last summer.

There's always something in fashion that someone is going to think is ridiculous and that others are going to follow regardless. It's about personal taste - and for a lot of young women - mimicking the style of their favorite celeb.

For what I can make out - a lot of people who wear them, apart from copying style, like them because they allow you to have off days with make-up - where most of your face is covered.

They accommodate for full shielding of the eyes - so if you're sat on the beach, reading a book you don't get ray above or below the glasses.

And a lot of people have said they're more comfortable.

I don't know if I agree with that - but each to their own.

A lot of people however, tend not to take their face shape into consideration when buying sunglasses and a slight alteration in the frame can change the style from looking 'weird' to something quite flattering and chic. Some face shapes should just avoid them.

That said - I much prefer a lot of other style sunglasses above this one.

What Guys Said 5

• I wear big glasses 'cause each one of my eyeballs is 4 inches wide. You may be wonderin if I have a giant head, whereas my eyes are so big, but nope, just about the size of a big cabbage, like everyone elses. The big eyes I was born with, but my ears didn't start growing real giant-like til I was 12. Got so big I finally had to snip em off, cause they were making my head too heavy. 'Course then my glasses wouldn't stay on so I had to jammer some plugs into my head. That hurt some. Like I always say, it's always rainin sumwhere.

• To me meh I don't really care for them but if I could choose on or off defiantly off there not even the most stylish glasses. Anyways I'm not much for fashion but I don't really see and appeal.

• Nothing, weird, nothing exceptional, it was the trend 20 years ago, now the trend is to small glasses.

• Because it in, plain and simple. Same reason people pierce they're ears, other people do it.

• They were actually in fashion, a long time ago. I know it seems hard to understand at your age, but fashions come and go, and things only look right or wrong to depending on how used to them we are.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm not into sunglasses in general myself lol, but I don't think it's that bad of a trend. Like most other trends, sometimes it looks good and sometimes it just doesn't. But people just do it because it's popular.

And, a fun fact that may be relevant: big eyes are one of the universal views of beauty, along with being symmetrical and whatnot.

• i like the first photo, I think those are cute. the second one is dumb. idk, I think that some people can pull it off without looking bug-faced.

• I love both of those sunglasses but I'd only wear the second ones. I loveee big sunglasses! The bigger the better-they cover the whole eye area, you don't need to wear any make-up and you can just throw them on and they make you look great! I'm a big fan lol. And I like them to be totally blacked out so I can people watch lol.

• i have a round head, and smaller glasses just don't flatter my head shape. so I have to oppt for bigger glasses, bbut I wouldn't go as big as the 1st one.. eww hahaha

• That's the exact reason. I love wearing them, when I'm going out in my sweats and I don't even need to worry about my makeup or anything. It's perfect.

• Both pictures look dumb... People should pick glasses based on the shape of their face..

• It's a chic way to look in my opinion