Does anyone have an allergy to makeup?

I haven't had an allergy test done, but I'm quite sure I'm allergic to makeup products in general. Minutes after putting any product on, my skin gets irritated and my eyes turn red and start to water.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do to some products, yes. Mascara's the worst for me. I have to put it on lightly and make sure to not let it touch the base of my lash line or else my eyes will just get so irritated/watery/red that I have to immediately take it off. I don't wear it that much now, but even when I do my eyes are still slightly irritated. A lot of eyeshadows will do this to me as well, so I avoid those.

Your best bet is probably Clinique makeup; the majority of it is designed for *extremely* sensitive skin and allergy-prone people, so if any type of makeup is going to work for you, you might want to give some of their products a shot. They are however, a bit expensive at times. But well worth it! Especially their skin (foundation, primer, concealer, powders, etc.) products.

I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to use certain makeup so best of luck! :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 12

• One time I put this chap stick on and my lips got red, puffy, and burned.

Besides that I'm fine..it was very very cheap chap stick the kind a company gives you for customer appreciation day ha ha :)

• A lot of people are allergic to makeup - there are a lot of chemicals in them that can irritate too, even if you aren't allergic! There hypo-allergenic make up problems (I think you can find them at most drug stores) so if make up has been irritating you I would try one of those products

• As far as I know I think I am allergic to eye liner, it might be the cheap kind of eye liner that I am allergic to. I always thought it was because I wasn't use to eye liner, but I used it a few times in a row and it never changed. Other than that nothing else.

• I'm not, although I am allergic to other things

• I'm not allergic to makeup, but I'm allergic to lotion, deodorant, jewelry, face wash, and perfume.

My skin gets swollen, red, and bumpy.

• I only wear mascara and I rarely get red eye from it, but sometimes I do and I have to take it off.

My mom can't really wear any mascara at all because most make her eyes red also and teary. Though, there are times when she wears it and she's fine... Not sure if it's the brand or something else.

• There was this mascara I used that made my eyes swollen once..but makeup usually doesn't affect me.

• Have you tried dermatologically tested makeup with more natural or organic ingredients?

• You May Have sensitive skin , and can only use generic make up .

• Just cheap eye shadow. That's not sold in drug or makeup stores. I got eye shadow from Claire's accessories one time and my eyes got puffy.

• its possible, try using the all natural or organic make up

• No but if I don't wash it off after so many hours my skin breaks out try using a all nature kind it's more pricey but it may do you a favor