Do attractive/hot girls get more attention online than IRL?

What do you guys think?

To me, it seems logical to say that they are rarely hit on by guys in IRL, but online, they get the most attention. For example, on GaG it seems like the attractive girls get more responses to their Qs, provided they have pictures and are not fake.

Is this the case? Any girls who think they are attractive- do you get approached a lot in real life? Or none at all?

Anybody care to share your thoughts on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how hot the girl is. If she's pretty decent the she would get hit on and whistled at and all that jazz. If she was absolutely gorgeous then she is probably pretty lonely in real life. most guys will be too intimidated to talk to or hit on her. If you go to a fancy ball you will often find the most attractice woman are sitting at their tables because no guys dare to ask them for a dance.

Online is so fake that so long as you are flirty you will enlist a reaction from a male. Attractiveness doesn't matter as any picture on the internet could be 'you' it would matter if you video chatted or something but I doubt many people do that with complete strangers.

What Guys Said 4

• Any girl can get attention online, the very nature of the internet makes that easy enough to do even without showing a picture. For all anyone knows the pictures a girl posts are from some random instagram or flickr account. The other side of it is that anonymity makes it easy for guys to come out of their shells and lavish attention on some targeted girl they may never see again. In real life some people would get arrested for the amount of attention they give a girl online.

• In the southern regions of the world - in person. There people, males especially are more assertive and shameless when it comes to hitting on random women, even consecutively.

But as you move more to the north, so less and less attention girls receive in person. They still are adored, but there is something which makes people more reserved in those places. It's not just a stereotype - I know.

Why it's like that? I blame it to the lack of sunlight - it affects the mood badly.

• I would say that the people that are more sociable online get more attention online. In real life a lot of girls are shy, timid, and passive. A girl can be comfortable with her friends, but once a hot guy starts talking to her she gets nervous... Online, in a community like this, girls talk openly with other girls and guys more easily because they don't have the social pressures that they do in everyday life. Being open and talkative gets attention. In real life the same is true, the girls that are able to communicate well, are social with bubbly personalities tend to get the attention first... Someone's profile picture isn't going to be what catches my attention online, it's my interaction with them.

• All decent looking girls get more attention online

What Girls Said 1

• i think on the net people aren't as afraid of rejection as in real life. A lot of guys hits on me on the net, but in real life they show me they like me but are too afraid to start a convo.