Too much makeup..?

guys, I want you to answer this. I wear.. as some say.. a lot of makeup. it's dark.. and my parents like to complain about it and make me really mad. but I want your opinion on how much makeup girls should probably wear. how much is too much? would you rather it look natural or dramatic or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• So there's this girl at my high school.

Probably the most stunning girl I've ever come across, all the girls are jealous of her. She's not stick thin, she has curves in all the right places, and is a completely lovely genuine person - AND is simply beautiful. But she never, ever gets any attention from boys. At all. And it's not like the guys at my school are backwards about being forward.

My point: I asked around as to why no one ever showed her any interest and this is the response I got.

"She doesn't look natural."

"Her make up's caked on." - sure she wears a lot - but she wears it well. Obviously, I can see she's wearing make-up, and sometimes think - maybe a little less would be better. But I'd never really thought it'd be enough to stop a guy liking a girl - but apparently so.

Make-up should be used to enhance our natural beauty - not hide it under layers and layers of foundation and blush and eye shaddow and liner and lip gloss and ...

Make it natural - iron out some of the imperfections, anything you're self conscious of - but leave your natural, beautiful character there.

What Guys Said 3

• Make up should be subtle-it can enhance or highlight or cover up but should not draw attention to itself. If one of the first things you notice about a girl when you look at her is her make up, then it is too much or not well done.

• got a pic? can tell ya pretty fast if its too much or not

• majority of the time it should look natural. dramatic isn't bad once in a while though.

What Girls Said 1

• most guys I think would agree with me and my boyfriend that less is more. I wear make up but only the smallest amount just to highlight my best features. I think that its ok to wear make up as long as it matches your skin tone and looks natural.