Guys with piercings and/or tattoos?

Ladies, what do you think of a guy who has his ear pierced or other parts of his body (you can think of them.)

What about tattoos? How many are too many? Where are bad places for them? What's a bad design? Other opinions on tattoos?

Most Helpful Girl

• Certain piercings are fine. Ear and eyebrow, mostly. Beyond that and it looks like you're trying too hard.

i don't mind tattoos as long as they've got a meaning. I don't see guys doing this so much, but there are so many girls who are like "omg I want a tattoo omg lyk a butterfly or a flower on my hip, that would be cute, or omg a heart on my ass omg hott! " and that -really- irritates me. Guy do it sometimes with the tribal armband look. If you're going to be putting ink permanently into your body, it shouldn't be done on a whim or just to look good, it should mean something to you. There's no such thing as too many as long as they each mean something, and you're not just getting them to have tattoos. And as long as I can see some plain skin somewhere.

bad tattoo places are thighs, the tramp stamp on the lower back (hardly ever see this on guys, but it does happen! ) and the head/neck/face (again, rare, but I've seen it too! ). Good places are upper back/shoulderblades, arms, wrists, and calves. I get turned off by cliche tattoos (i. E. Tribal stuff, dragons, tigers, that sort of thing) unless the guy has a real, legitimate reason why he wanted that on his body.

other opinions: on a personal note, as a very spiritual catholic and a social liberal, I really like christian-themed tattoos. A social conservative is unlikely to have tattoos at all, so if I see someone with a christian-themed tattoo, that tells me he's probably a social liberal and that he's also devoted enough to god to put it in ink on his skin. And I really like that. But that is just a personal thing.

What Girls Said 17

• I don't mind if a guy has piercings, so long as they're not all over his face :P I don't mean to stereotype, but from just about every guy I've talked to that has his body covered in tattoos, (same goes for the guys that want that many but don't have them for some reason or another), usually have the same kind of bad boy attitude. While I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I personally try to stay away from the bad boys...they tend to be bad news... >_<

It really speaks to me if the guy has tattoos on his body because of something really personal; they hold a strong symbolic meaning as to why he got them. But that's just me...I'm sure my opinion is vastly different from other girls'.

• I might get a small one on my hip when in like 2 years of 3 little hearts or something cute. So if a guy has one on his arm, I think that's okay. Anywhere else.. I don't really like it. It has to be on the upper part, too. With like the muscle and stuff. If you know what I am talking about. I don't really like guys with any piercings. Even one on the right ear, a big stud. Those are the only ones that I think are O.K. Maybe a little one on the lip on emo type guys I think those are O.K too but I would stay away from piercings and tats.

• I've never liked tattoos or piercings. Most guys look much better with out them. But if you ever get a piercing don't pierce your nipples. That's just nasty. Don't get the big holes in your ear. they place that metal circle in them and it makes them bigger. And don't have a whole bunch. A stud is probably the sexiest. (diamond studs are tacky)

Tattoos. It's kind of like how girls have tramp stamp tattoos. well guys have the same concept but it just shows their desperate. Don't get one all the way down your arm it's really annoying when your trying to admire a guys hot body and you get this huge image of a dragon or wolf in its place. And the ones above your butt and on the top of your back. Otherwise it's ok. Just remember the legs are just a turn off whichever way you put it.

• To me, I like tattoos and piercings.

Upper arm, forearm, back, shoulders, are good spots for tattoo's. Personally I don't like them on th chest or legs or face. And skulls/dragons/naked woman are usually not any that I think are attractive :P

As for piercings, ears, eyebrow, and maybe nipples. I don't like them all over a guys face. I hear some get their penis's done, which I find fine because it's not going to be around me :)

• My gay friends have piercings, So I think it's gay for a guy to have them:p I don't think tattoos are cool, And I really dislike it when I see guys having tattoos on visible places like their arms, shoulders,legs, And I also think big tattoos are way too ugly. a small one, Back of the neck is some how ok for guys.

• Ok piercings are ok. just not more than one on the face some guys get away with 2

ear piercings now a days are kinda lame unless your ears are stretched

tattoos are cool just don't get a freaking arm band that looks like a wire of some sort. pretty stupid.

depending on your style, I think tats anywhere are nice. Gives you that bad boy appeal and girls fall for it. Tats are a unique way of expressing you feelings so go with something that means a lot to you. Plus stick with black ink only its less time consuming and you don't have to worry too much of color fading.

• No tattoos. Love piercings though. Anywhere.

• I love both piercings and tattoos.

When a guy has his tongue pierced, that is a definite turn on for me! I also like the lip pierced too, however I would suggest either picking one or the other, tongue OR lip. not both. and then I also like when a guy has his eyebrow pierced. If ur cool like Slash, you can even pull of a nose ring! I'm down with all that. A guy with his ear pierced is cool as long as its not some bit gaudy diamond. I tend to favor a black stud, or a hoop of some sort. BUT, I hate when guys get those gargantuan circle things in their earlobes. For some reason that irks me.

As for tattoos, I agree they should have some sort of meaning to them, and that it should tell a story or relate to your life in some way. I think if you have two armfuls of tattoos, than it is a bit much. the only "bad design" is one that is unoriginal.

• I love tattoos, and piercings are hott on most guys! I agree that they should have a meaning though. I hate when people just go to a tattoo shop and pick some random crap just because they want to be cool and get one. It isn't about being cool, its all about expression!

• Personally, I'm not too into piercings on a guy, but I guess it really depends on him and his personality.

BUT.

I absolutely LOVE tattoos on a guy.

a guy covered in tattoos completely turns me on.

I love the fact that you can express yourself through tattoos.

It's beautiful.

• I guess it really depends on how you dress with tats and piercings..sounds dumb but if your going to dress like white trash then no, but I do love a guys lip pierced, and tats r hot too, but like I said it all depends on how you dress...for..ex the guys off Miami ink, they look good, and like the guys off bounty hunters gross!!!!

• I personally don't like either,it makes me think theyre dirty for some reason.but it usually depends on the guy.some guys look really cute with them,and some just don't pull it off.

• Yes to both. Tattoos and piercings are beautiful.

• I think they don't like them self.

• Not really my cup of tea, but tattoos and piercings aren't a deal breaker or anything.

• I find guys with piercings and tattoos really attractive.

Tattoos: like if one arm has a tattoo sleeve, that's ok. I'm an artist, so anything elaborate, but not too gaudy is good. Mostly just on the arms, shoulder, neck and maybe back. too many would be the entire body, or a good percentage of the body covered. Designs like snakes, naked women, gangsta writing, swear words and cartoons (like, disney one's) or ones of actors I don't like.

Piercings: I don't like nipple piercings, they kinda freak me out a little. The bull ring through the nose, and two thick rings that go through the skin below the lips are something I dislike as well (but if it looks good and they can pull it off, then that 's ok!).

• I've 3 tattoos, one on my upper back lower back and my ankle!! I think the only bad place for a guy to get a tattoo is his face or hands! Ear piercings are nothing really they make a lot of guys look cute! nose piercings and belly piercings on straight guys are a bit of a turn off in my eyes!! eyebrow can be nice though!!and for tattoo designs well naked girl tattoos look mingin I think.

• Mingin?

• Thanks for clearing that up.

• Lol your welcome

What Guys Said 0