Why do some people HATE mens' body sprays like Bod, Axe, Old Spice, etc.?

I do have my colognes that I use. I usually get atypical "underground" cologne scents so I smell unique. I like to stand out. 8-)

But I don't wear cologne for everyday wear; I use it for semi-special+ occasions (family outings, holidays, parties, bars / nightclubs, dates, etc.)

For everyday use, I use the body spray "After Hours" by Old Spice. Frankly it's one of the few body spray scents I actually like (I don't like any of the Axe ones enough to wear everyday).

The Bath and Body Works scents for men are also good stuff.

----

Not just on this site, but across the internet, I've heard people literally say they HATE body spray.

Why do you think some people are so passionately against body spray?

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Guy

• I think smelling clean and fresh like soap, with a small amount of cologne is best. fragrances are like salt cooking. A little bit can really bring out the flavor, but too much kills the meal and can't be undone.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• They often smell cheap and are just of lower quality than colognes

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy I know doesn't like sprays because apparently it smells too chemical-y? I dunno, that's what he says :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Smells like teen douchebag.

Nah, not really, but Axe DOES remind me of my first boyfriend who treated me badly, so I just have negative connotations with it.

Plus I really do prefer a lighter smell. Old Spice deodorant by itself smells perfect.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It's because they are cheap and cheap cologne usually smells terrible. Also, most guys who wear this stuff wear WAY too much of it and women hate guys who wear too much cologne.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it smells nasty, but I use it anyways for its anti-perspiration effects.

I was lazy to find one that doesn't smell so bad. I was just never sure why male deodorants have to smell uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0