For "African" American women with frizzy/curly hair, does it ever lose it's curl?

At a point in time does it just stay straight no matter how wet you get it? Does this happen when your hair isn't over processed? What does this mean? Could it just be because of genetics?

Most Helpful Girl

• This recently happened to me.

I use To Have REALLY curly/frizzy hair. & Now , at the end it stays really straight & has no volume at all. When I went to get my hair done one day, I asked why? & they said it can be due to straighting your hair too much or just because some parts of your hair is older than other. Or due to getting perms .

• I guess I might straighten my hair too much :/ Thanks for the answer =]

What Guys Said 1

• um, I'm not a chick, but no. If my hair gets wet, it coils up like DNA strands and stays that way until I decide to change it.

What Girls Said 4

• I've had that problem and still do eventhough I get my hair done once a month instead of twice.the ends are straight from previous days but deep conditioning has helped with the hair closer to my scalp.

• Its over processing if your hair that's now growing out of your head is curly like if you flat iron/blow dry a lot and don't chemically treat it..also some curlies have straight hair when its wet then as it dries to turns curly

• I do a lot blow drying... I think I'll just lay off of it. idk, what I am going to do with my hair though :/

• Ya definitely don't do it as often. Let it air dry,when its wet/ damp braid it in 8 or more sections for a braidout..when it dries it'll be wavy/curly depending on if you did small/big or single/french braids

• okay, thanks for the tips :)

• Do weekly moisturizing deep conditioning and monthly protein treatment

• If you flat iron your hair too much, the heat can permanently alter the curl. If you are getting relaxers, you could overprocess it and the curl will not come back.