Girls, would any of you go out with a guy who stood just 5'8?

Or is he too short? Because no matter if a guy is tall, short, or average height the majority of the girls prefer a guy to be at least 5'10 or 5'11. I've seen girls as short as only 5 foot nothing and 5'1 saying they prefer guys around 6 feet. Anyways what about all you guys in here, is 5'8 an okay height for a guy for you girls to go out with or he should be around the ideal 6 foot range?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'1, I used to have a preference for tall guys.But for me my ideal height was 5'7 -6'.

Now I have a boyfriend who is 5'4-5'5 and it's pretty much perfect lol If he were a couple inches taller it would be fine, too. Yet, if he were any taller then kissing and stuff would be awkward. He'd be way to big for me xP But I don't want him to be any shorter either haha~

I think 5'8 is just fine for short to average-height girls :) They should at least give you a chance before tossing you to the side because you're not 6' haha. I mean, isn't Robert Downey Jr. like 5'8? Yet how could little girls like us even tell all the way down here without you telling them? ha ha :P ;)

What Girls Said 19

• I'm 5'4, my ex was 5'8-5'9. And no, we didn't break up because of his height.

• Height doesn't matter to me, so yeah.

• Yeah I wouldn't care about height if I had a connection with him and liked the person he is.

• Sure, I would go out with a guy who is 5'8. It's actually nice to have them closer to my height (5'5) that way I don't feel like I'm dining with big foot haha

• My ideal height is 5'7" or 5'8"! Any taller and I feel like they would be too tall for me. I'm 5'2" btw.

• I am 5'6" about and I have dated a guy that is my height so 5'8" is just fine :) I don't care what a guys height is

• I prefer to stick with guys around my height (5'5) because I don't enjoy having to wear heels and a guy who is 5'8 would be just perfect :)

• i am 5'6 and I like guys to be taller than me so you're good. But for real height doesn't matter..

• Yeah why not. I have to admit I would prefer a guy to be in the 5'11-6'3 range but I'm 5'4 so yeah not a big deal at all.

• I am stuck at 5'2" for the rest of my life, there is no more growing here for me. 5'8" is a fine height.

• Im 5'8" as well. And yes I would.

• I would date any guy who is my height or taller. I'm 5'8 so that would be fine

• Most guys I have dated have been 5'8-5'9. The one guy I'm head over heals about is 5'8. I have ALWAYS wanted a guy whos like 6 foot + but obviously when there's feelings invovled, height means nothing and you see beyond that.

• I just want the guy to be a little taller than me, but that's not hard as I'm only 5'2...You're great!

• I'd date a guy who is 5'8.

• Height doesn't matter to me, what matters to me is how I feel about the person!

• i would definitely date someone 5'8".

my current crush is 5'7" actually haha.

you're not going to believe this but I know a guy (total jerk) who is 5'2" and had an amazing girlfriend for about a year and then cheated on her for another girl who had been obsessed with him for months and he's now dating that girl. the dude is short but he has no problems finding a girl haha

• Height does not matter at all. I'm 5' nothing and my boyfriend is literally a foot and a half taller than me. I wouldn't care if he were a foot and a half shorter than me either. A girl who actually gives a crap, is just into how you guys will look together. And in the end, that's not really what should matter.

• I think I would have taken you more seriously if you hadn't mentioned that you're dating someone over six feet. It's easy to say something doesn't matter when you don't have to prove it.

• Okay. I believe you :) Sorry if I sounded like a d***. It's usually hard to understand whether a girl is being honest or just trying to cover up her shallowness by lying to avoid being judged. You know what I mean?

• Haha, its fine. I get what you mean!

• yes I am dating a guy that height, 5"8 or above is fine for me, I'm just 5"2

What Guys Said 3

• im sure a lot would

• i hope so, I'm 5'7

• I wonder what bizarro world answers you actually read? Because I'm sure you didn't read the virtually unanimous positive answers below...