Is it possible to find only one person beautiful?

My husband says I'm the only beautiful and attractive woman for him. He says he found other women attractive before me,but after he had feelings for me he only has eyes for me.His friends and some of my relatives also trust that he is telling the truth.But in fact I can't trust him.I've never seen him commenting on any women or looking at any women.And his friends say he never comments on women and he never looks at them.Is it possible?I've made a search on the net and I've found some men telling the same things.They say they only find their partner beautiful.I've also searched about demi-sexuality and it describes my husband and people like him.What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are one sad and paranoid woman.

He tells you something most women would kill to hear. Everyone who knows him believes him.

You've never seen any indication anywhere that it's a lie.

You've even discovered that people like him are common enough to have a particular name for their emotional make up.

And you STILL can't bring yourself to believe that he's telling you the simple truth.

What in the holiest of f***s, is wrong with you?

What Guys Said 9

• Having strong emotional attachments really do make us to see only that person as extremely attractive so no-one else compares.

It's a real thing not just some fairy-tale myth without substance.

The science behind it lies in evolution, a shift from polygamy to monogamy. Polygamy means very high mortality rates, while in monogamy the survival rate for the whole family and kids is incomparably better.

You need to calm yourself down and accept this simple truth, also if he would be only telling that then you could have a reason to question but his actions support it.

• if we find our girlfriends to be very beautiful, and we love them, we definitely don't look at other girls the same way. that doesn't mean we don't acknowledge the hotness of another girl if we see them, but it's different. we don't actually want them and our girlfriends shouldn't feel threatened by it

• Just because a man finds a woman beautiful does not mean he has any interest in her. Biology doesn't stop just cause your dating, the same can be said about women.

• ...wow. You actually believe such a stupid concept? What, his desires are supposed to disappear because he married you? Not saying he's cheating, saying he's just in love with you and wants to make you feel special, like any good man would do with his gal. Any guy that says he doesn't find anyone other than his wife beautiful is lying.

• Attraction type 1: attraction to outwardly characteristics- physical form, apparent wealth or race or social status, gender, etc.

Attraction type 2: attraction to characteristics that are learnt after you know the person well- kindness, trustworthiness, loyalty, intelligence, personal orientations, etc.

Lacking Attraction one but having Attraction 2 = demi.

If it's the sexual version of Att.1 that you lack, then demisexual.

If it's the romantic version of Att.1 that you lack, then demirom.

• I can do that if I want to, so it is possible.

• Certain guys can feel this way, if he's madly in love with you for example...

• No, but a guy can find his girlfriend more attractive than other girls

• Well, sort of. It doesn't work exactly like you're thinking.

I'm in love with my girlfriend. I've never loved anyone so much. I think she's beautiful, she thinks I'm crazy. Do I find other women attractive? Yes. Of course I do. But while I might find other women attractive, I'm not actively attracted -to- them, if that makes any sense.

• It's possible. When I have had deep feelings for someone other women just didn't appeal to me. Sure I would think some were attractive & what-not but wouldn't compare to the one I felt for. That's how I could tell when I really liked a girl. Plus it's how I could tell when I I've moved on from someone also.

So yes to your question

What Girls Said 3

• i think, when in love, people can always recognize / register, that other people are attractive. They just do not _care_.

When you are deeply in love, that's the only beauty you can _feel_. the others you see.

Its like the difference between looking at a real fresh out of the oven pizza. And, A very carefully panted picture of one. When you are ravenous.

You have a vague recollection, of what the painting represents , and it looks nice. You just don't _hunger_ for it.

• I think your husband is lying to you so as to get more cooking and bed action from you.

• Yeah. He's already made his mind up and set up the boundary. Besides, he finds you beautiful, that's more than looks yet still includes looks. Don't pick his compliment apart...

I can choose to respect people and not lust over them or I can lust over them... it's an easy decision lol.

I can choose to see people as beautiful or I can choose to see them as trash.

What he's saying is that you're the only one for him and that you're beautiful and no one else can compare. :)