Ladies: is the describing an attractive man as "cute" safer than calling him "hot" or is there a difference

Just curious, because all my life I've been called "cute" but rarely "hot". Now I'm a little older I get called "handsome" more often but still "cute".

Do girls call guy "cute" as a safer way of expressing their attraction. Are they are afraid if they openly say hot (outside of their group of friends) they might "let the cat out of the bag" about their attraction?

When I was younger I used to take the cute compliment as inferior to "hot".

0|0
9|0

Most Helpful Girl

• To me both cute and hot describe a good looking man. The hot one just has raw sex appeal and I want to have sex with him. The cute guy I would still have sex with most likely, there just isn't this strong sex appeal radiating from his pores. He also might be less aggressive and more passive and submissive and sweet whereas the hot guy might be more masculine, maybe not. He might be more aggressive etc. Guys with tattoos I usually think of as hot for example. Cute and hot both mean an attractive guy though.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I don't use "hot" too often because to me it describes purely physical/sexual attraction. So I'll usually use hot when talking about celebrities or guys who I think are really attractive but have no real interest in. But if it's a guy I'm interested in or dating then I'll usually call him cute because I also find his personality attractive.

Hot = very physically attractive

Cute = physically attractive and they make me smile =)

0|0
    0|0
  • No.

I can call any good looking guy hot.

I call a cute when it refers to his looks and personality..its my male term for beautiful.

Sexy is if I really really wanna f*** you.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, sometimes hot sounds more ruff than cute, but it depends on the girl. some are bolder, are OK with it.

cute - beautiful, adorable, generally good looking

hot - sexy. it doesn't get more specific than this, honestly, and most girls have different definitions of sexy.

friends can tell you're hot if they think you're sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, "cute", "hot", "sexy", etc, are about all the same to me.

I call a guy what he's comfortable with.

Many guys don't like being called "cute", so I change it to something else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cute means aww you are so nice and sweet to me I love you as a friend. Hot means you are hot haha

0|0
    0|0
    • ...arghhh...cute being tied in with "nice" is not a good thing

• Well it means you are close friend to the girl and anything can grow from afriendship

• no...friend zone is no sex zone...ever...lol. Fortunately I haven't had this problem lately.

• Cutes good, guys may not like it entirely but cute or handsome or hot, they're a compliment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I would refer to a guy who I think is attractive and has a good personality as "cute". Fore me, the term "hot" is what I would say about an actor who's attractive, but that's about all I know about him lol...

Let's say, if I call why boyfriend cute, then it's because I think he's handsome and I like he's personality. I think I would only tell my boyfriend he's hot if we were being intimate..

So I guess for me "hot" is more like sexy..? lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Hot is pure sexual attraction

Cute is more about personality, expression combined with looks.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.