What do you think of wigs?

Do you hate them, love them, or don't really care if your girl or guy wears them. Please explain your answer :)

Too be honest I wear half wigs, that are short, sometimes. It is usually after the hair stylist f***s up my hair :/ the but then I take it off and I switch over to A-line cuts after about a month or so... and you can never tell :D I don't really see it as changing my identity though. I am not trying to be someone I am not, but man it sucks when a new stylist messes up your hair :/ Anyway, thank you for answering :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I already know what the guy answers look like before even looking.

I think they're cool.

I like wigs but I've never worn one. I do own some 18 inch extensions but now my real hair is the same length so there's really no point unless I want my hair to be super full.

I would wear I wig if I wanted to try something very extreme extreme hair like a crazy color or a style way shorter than my hair. I've always wanted to try a very long Kim K style phony pony.

What Guys Said 7

• As in, they have a full head of hair, but wear wigs anyway? I probably wouldn't date anyone who wears wig's for no reason.

For me it seems that somebody who wants to wear wigs, is really just trying to change their identity all the time. They're not content with the way they are, so they have to hide under a wig to feel secure. If they receive any ridicule, they can pretend that the character they are pretending to be is the one who's being ridiculed, not themselves.

Either that or they are just way too imaginative; I prefer reality.

• Can't say I've ever had a stylist mess up my hair beyond fixing, but guys haircuts tend to be pretty fool-proof.

As for your case, I could understand why you would want to wear a wig, but I would just go to a different stylist to get it fixed, I'd rather have slightly shorter hair than have to wear a wig all day.

I'm not talking about people who wear wigs to hide a problem with their hair, I mean people who wear wigs, but have no reason for doing so.

• I keep my hair pretty short so sometimes so a bad hair cut is a fatality D: I do see what you are saying though :)

• A guy with a wig is like George Bush lpaying at being a fighter pilot. The worst type of a-holish behavior.

• Oh women who wear wigs? Then it's more of a fashion statement rather than pretending to be a movie star.. Generally I prefer a natural look, but sometimes the different color goes well with a given girl's style.

• Generally look pretty nasty imo on both sexes,

when some girls decide to dye their hair , most actually don't look good but some just look like crappy plastic Halloween wigs afterwards.

• meh

• Why not have just one more fake thing? Nothing better than false adverstising.

• What like a fake ass or fake boobs? Please, boy- people model their fake parts after my parts lol ;D just joking XD

• I'd lmfao.

• Not a fan unless you are bald or something and it makes you feel better about your appearance.

What Girls Said 6

• I think they're good if you're thinking about a new hairstyle but not sure it looks good like if you have long hair and are thinking about a new cut.

• I think wigs are way scarry, because they always are tangley and remind me of something that an alley cat would eat

• Love you to baby cakes ;p

• Id rather wear a wig than a weave

• I would too. Weaves cause balding majority of the time :/

• If the person is sick and has a condition that is making them lose their hair and has to wear a wig then that is fine. Wigs were designed for females so it is normal, but on a guy, not so much.

• I like them esp if I want to see how id look if I dyed my hair

• They gross me out. I'm just weird like that. Fake hair upsets me, and real hair just really does me in.

If you have to wear it, I understand. It's just ME wearing it; I can't do it.

I know it's an unreasonable fear.

• nah, I am the same way with fake fur and real fur :/ stuff is so wrong. it feels like my dog :'(