Red lipstick, is it sexy or too overpowering?

i can't decide if I like it or not. plus I already have auburn-red hair, so I don't want to go overboard with the color red.

Most Helpful Girl

• Red lipstick is sexy on everyone, no exception! You can totally pull off red lipstick even if you have auburn hair, the trick is finding the right shade.

For a foolproof look, just pick a neutral toned red lipstick that is only a few shades darker than your natural lip color. It is guaranteed not to overpower you and because it looks so natural you could even wear it to school! If you want to be bolder with your makeup then I think a dark, wine red shade would suit you best. Try going to your local MAC counter, the makeup artists there are usually more than happy to help you try on different shades and advise you which ones work best for you!

Don't forget though, if you are going for a bold lip color it is extremely important to keep the rest of your makeup simple and natural.

What Guys Said 4

• Personally I prefer more natural colors, over a bright red color. Different shades look different on different girls though. It might look really good on you.

• too overpowering.

Natural tones are best.

ESPECIALLY if you have red or Auburn hair.

• If a girl knows how to put on the right amount of red lipstick (some girls just go crazy with that sh*t and look like they just ate a fetus) and she can rock it...then it is overwhelmingly sexy!

• Would have to see it. How about a burgundy or maroon?

What Girls Said 3

• I think it looks good if you put a lot of eye makeup to overpower it

• You just have to find the right shade

• It looks good if you have a cool tone or berry color