How painful is it to get your belly button pierced?

Like on a scale of one to ten. I have a very high pain tolerance, and have several cartilage piercings, I just want to know if its more painful then like an industrial bar piercing?

Most Helpful Girl

• I got my belly button pierced just over a month ago now. I have no pain tolerance at all and scared of needles so for me I would say it was like a 3 out of 10 for like 2 seconds. It feels like a huge pinch then its over! You don't even have time to say "ow" then its done and your fine! It hurts the next day, its more of an uncomfortable tenderness then an pain. The first night I had pillows around me to stop me from rolling on it but after that I layed on it and it was fine. The key is to KEEP IT CLEAN so that it heals properly and fast! Your piercer will tell you how to take care of it and it should be perfectly fine! Just do your research and ask friends that have their pierced to find a good piercer in your area. Do not be afraid to go into the shop in advance and look around and ask any questions! You will be fine, don't worry hun!

What Guys Said 1

• Cartilage is much tougher than the skin around the belly. Sure there will be some pain but nothing too bad. Just like an eye brow piercing, slight pinch then it's over.

What Girls Said 6

• I heard you can't sleep on your stomach for a couple of months

• I don't have one but I hear the healing process hurts most

• its just skin it pierces through, it feels like when you pierce your ear

• Like a 3. I was surprised.

• i would like to know the answers to this as well.

i would like to get my belly pierced as soon as I get that 4 pack.

i'm scared it'll get infected, though.

• I'm sure it won't hurt a lot esp since yu have a high tolerance