Ok girls, self tanning question!

So I recently got this product Dove summer glow lotion with a bit of self tanner in it. I know one has to take a shwoer, use body scrub and then apply it all over the body, but is it actusally any good? Has anyone used it and had a good nice tan afterwards?

I am reluctant about it as I don't wanna have orange spots, consider going to the tanbed instead, or just sunbathing- no spray on tans here :)

So is the product any good?

Most Helpful Girl

• okay so my parents have known a lot of people who have got cancer from tan beds. I do not encourage them, plus I hear they can be addicting and you don't want that. you wanna look like a gorgeous 50 year old not a 50 year old that looks 70. As for the product, its probably the same as mine, I'm not sure what I use but I got it at a drug store and its actually a cream that is designed to tan skin. you don't need to use body scrub, maybe before the first time sure but after that, just use body wash because you don't want to scrub off the fake color. Don't apply really thick at the beginning, you will end up looking like snookie. also, apply everywhere, like go over your boobs and all that just so its a nice finish, I tried just rubbing it where I wanted and it looked really bad. also you gotta be a bit patient, its not gonna be a huge difference on the first day.

if you really want a tanned look there are sprays you can buy I believe they are sally hanson (it says its only for legs but I usedit everywhere and they will give you an amazing tan, only thing for that is the fact that you gotta do it every morning, but you will look amazing with it.

What Guys Said 1

• Nice way to make your skin crack and look older when you're older. Tanning is only going to give you a higher chance of getting cancer. Then again only us White people have to worry about that.

• Haha I literallz never tan . The only time I was tan was when I was 20 years old.

But from time to time, its nice to have some change

• Yeah.. I'm tan..but not out of choice.. I'd rather be white as casper over being tan.

• haha interesting

What Girls Said 10

• I know some people who loved it. But on me it kinda turned orange. I love the Garnier and l'Oreal ones though. Just make sure you rub it out evenly and wait a while (like 10mins) to put on clothing.

• I've never used it but there is this stuff I use that is the real deal. It's a SPF sunscreen and also a natural tanner

link

It's called Jergens natural glow & protect Daily moisturizer. I really love it, it develops a real looking tan after about a week. It is also an almost completely natural tan, it just helps you along while protecting you from UVA rays and moisturizer.

• i haven't used dove brand but I love jergens natural glow tinted mosterizer. I have fair skin and look orange when I've gotten a spray tan. as long as I exfoiliate and put it on before bed it gives me the perfect tan. if I go for a while without using it I have to put it on almost everynight, but after that twice a week or so maintains it.

• I use that one in the light skin version. I use it daily, after the first application you don't see a lot of difference but if you use it regularly you'll get gradually an even tan. I don't even scrub before and still don't get spots or lines... I love that product!

• do you use hands for applying it or gloves?

• Just hands, after application I just rinse them. You also don't have to care about knees and wrists like with other self tanners I always had problems with those areas.

• I once used them but I turned into a cheetos,well technically what I'm trying to say I turned orange,but now I use Neutrogena airbrush sunless tan spray / Clinique airbrush also okay.

• I used it too. I was orange :D

Use a spray instead of lotion. (for me) it is much better. Nivea has good spray tan products.

• I used nivea-self tanning something.

Worked great, I looked awesome

haha :D

• I don't tan but makeupalley.com is a great site for reviews

• Check makeupalley.com for reviews sorry I don't tan but I don't think thered be spots

• What about jergen's tan lotion if you rub it in it'd be even