How do you know if you're attractive?

can you judge your own appearance objectively?

also, why do guys seem to give me more attention IRL, than online?

do guys have higher standards online or something?

also, random question- how do you know if you're the prettier sister?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there is any way to judge your own appearance objectively. I think guys just don't want to come across as creepers online. You show someone who doesn't know you a picture of you and your sister and ask which one is prettier (if you truly want to know)

• can't do that, besides I think I look better in person.

• OKAY. I hate posting my pic to others online...it's more nervewrecking, like waiting for their response is worse than enduring constipation.

• lmao that's kinda funny. Then dont, do what makes you comfortable. I wouldn't worry about it

What Guys Said 4

• I doubt most people can be truly objective, they're either too harsh or have an inflated opinion of their attractiveness. The best indicator is external observations. If you've been told most your life you are attractive and are told consistently and frequently, it's a good bet you are. If you are told occasionally then you're most likely above average. If you get few compliments you're probably average attractiveness. And finally if you've been teased or called ugly throughout your life, then, sadly, that's probably the case.

• what is I only get compliment from ugly guys and my mother? lol

• sorry, *what if

• Haha then you're in the same boat as me, except that other uggo men just commiserate with me lol. It's said the ultimate insult is a compliment from mom.

• You get specifc, and lots of compliments on fb. Or you post a picture and ask people for their honest answer. Most girls I see look pretty decent, obesity would be the main reason for being unattractive imo.

• well I asked a couple of guys here and there online, they said I looked cute/attractive/not bad. but who knows, they may have just told me that to make me feel better...it's not like they can say YOU UGLY MOTHAF***A

• yeah right.

• Lol I'm generally honest about it not hard to be.

• If you attract the attention of the opposite gender a lot in real life then you are likely physically attractive. If you attract the attention of the opposite gender online, then you likely have an attractive personality.

• well, my sister in HS (who is objectively ugly) attracts a lot of attention from guys, they talk to her A LOT. I swear she's not attractive. so I don't think because guys talk to you a lot in real life means ANYTHING. I think legit attractive girls get more attention online because there's less risk of rejection...

• got to love that auto correct hahaha

• yeah auto correct is as annoying as HELL. TECHNOLOGY IS SO FREAKING STUPID.

• It's all about yourself.

If you think your pretty. Your goddamn pretty.

If you think your ugly. Your goddamn ugly.

What do you think about yourself?

What Girls Said 5

• Well everyone has a different idea of attractive but if you got compliments often or were approached I think those would be indicators. But at the same time there are very attractive people who aren't approached so often because of their personality (maybe they aren't as outgoing) so its hard to say. I think any physical attractiveness is irrelevant if someone is ugly inside. Maybe guys are more receptive in real life because they can visually see what is real, as online anyone can say they are anyone...

I don't know about the sister thing... I personally wouldn't care about something like that.

• im not outgoing, nor do I think I'm pretty.

it bothers me a lot...my sister is objectively ugly (i've asked many guys on here online), not trying to be mean or anything, but seems like my mom likes taking pics of her more than me.

• Well love her for her good qualities, she's family(: & love yourself for your own good qualities.

• my good qualities...which don't exist...

• Yes, you can because you are the only person who is more aware of how you look.

You don't want attention from guys online anyway.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't have a sister. Wear the same outfit and make up. See what others say.

• if people don't see a difference between me and my sister, I'm probably ugly as a MOTHAf***a.

i'd rather kill myself than look like her. harsh, but that's how I frankly feel.

• yea, good thing people can tell the difference between me and her or else I'd be screwed, put me in a nunnery already. although, in my entire lifetime, only ONE old lady remarked how I looked like my sister...oh the horror.

• I can imagine your facial expression. Teehee

I am very curious now.

• I guess I base it on what other people tell me, idk.

• they could be wrong. unless you get guys telling you you're pretty almost every week. then you could bet on your life that you're attractive

• then I guess I can bet on my life :)

• Every1 has different ideas to being attractive there's no right or wrong answer one person might find you attractive another person might not it's up to you to decide weather you find you're looks attractive or not even if you don't think you are some other people will depends what sort of pics do you have up slightly racy ones or do you go to extra effort to do you're self up in you're pics some guys are really shy irl it's a lot easier for them to talk to you on line then irl also it's a matter of opinion if you're prettier then you're sister some people might think so others might not it's up to you to decide weather you're prettier then you're sister.

• I wonder why you need to compete with your sister to see who's prettier.

Anyways, if you think and act as if you were acttractive, pp'll treat you as if you were attractive and gradually you will be attractive because you feel confident and satisfied with your life.

• ayyayyay...i hate these cliched answers. let's say you were really unattractive, but acted like you were the sh*t and all, I think people would think you're annoying as hell and out of your mind. lol

• lol, it's just personal view anyway. You don't need to agree with me but cliche or not, we'd better find ourselves attractive b4 anyone else can feel your attractiveness. Imagine how can pp love you when every morning, you look in the mirrow and find disgusted at your own face? Living attractively is totally different from ignorance and hallucination though.