If an ugly guy thinks you're good looking, does that mean you're ugly?

I get hit on a lot by ugly guys. they compliment me and ask me Qs like "oh you must have a boyfriend".

does that mean I'm an uggo?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• Absolutely not, one's own appearance doesn't have to do with what they find attractive.

• LOL. Uh, no, not really. I have the same criteria in what makes a woman beautiful as Clooney and Pitt and Beckham. Just because I give the elephant man a run for his money don't mean I can't see beauty.

I can only speculate in your case. You may, or you may not be ugly. You could be giving off a vibe that encourages uggos to hit on you. Could be many things.

• yeah. I wish there was a perfume out there in the market that attracts all the FINE men to my yard...

i'm sure it would be a billion gazillion dollar industry

• link

:) had to.

It means you aren't as intimidating as other girls, or may be based on other things. Depends lol no one can say for certain we have no idea what you look like. They mainly hit on you because you don't look as intimidating for whatever reason. Can be looks but most guys don't hit on someone they find repulsive, just saying.

• or they don't hit on pretty girls. AT ALL. from what I've noticed. they just leer at them or check them out suggestively.

• 0|0
  • u know what... that's exactly what it means

• Of course not.

• Since ugly men cannot approach hot women, then yes, you are ugly. VERY UGLY.

• Yep, you're a bottom feeder.

• i wonder the same-thing except I'm a guy

• No, we find pretty girls attractive just like good looking guys do.

• Who says these guys are actually ugly? Perhaps your standards are too high? Either that or maybe you're actually not that attractive? Without seeing pictures of what these guys look like or what you look like, we really don't know for sure.

• yeah, maybe I'm uggo...sorry, I'm probably nothing special. that's why these undesirables approach me.

• So like I said, you're probably just average.

• Ironically I'm not attracted to the blond hair blue eye types, so I'd be more inclined to approach the second. But I guess that doesn't help you with your problem since I'm pretty bad looking lol.

• If you were really ugly, they likely would not ask you out at all. Boys around your age tend to shoot for higher than they can really get because they still have unrealistic expectations.

• actually, I don't get asked out at all...guys talk to me, but they never do ask me out, or I get all awkward around them and they get all flustered around me and SHIT HAPPENS and I run away from them

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think so. I have loads of unattractive guys hit on me. But I have dated several guys that all thr women drool over and once even had a girl come up and ask why he would date me (I am overweight). He told her I have the type of beauty she could never understand (swoon).

• good for you.

• Well that is a comment that is generally spiteful...

• well I didn't mean for it to come off that way.

• Umm no?

• ummm, care to explicate?

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• true dat.

• not really a lot of ugly guys like me but I always bang some pretty hot ones.

• Hmm, I've always thought that. Guys tend hit on girls who are in their range.

• So if a hot guy hits on me, then I'd suddenly become a hottie?

• guess so, according to basic logic.

• or maybe opposites attract...

• No it doesn't

• I've been asked out by older men (like 40 and I'm 18), guys who are younger than me, black guys, white guys, the nerd, the athlete, the bad boy, Middle Eastern, European, tall, short, not so attractive and pretty hot...Though I'm not ALL of those...

P.S. The "types" of guys I mentioned weren't all necessarily separate men, It's not like I walk out and am bombarded with tons offers lol...

• no, guys can be attracted to girls who are way more attractive than themselves. usually they are just unsuccessful. have you ever dated an attractive guy before?

• i didn't date any guys, and I'm 22.

the only guys that ask me do I have a boyfriend are random Hispanic dudes at my restaurant workplace or really old men...FML

• FML, RIGHT?@?@!?@?