You're in a world where every single citizen is required to get at least one tattoo. Where and what is yours?

Elaboration would be nice (e.g. the significance of the tattoo itself and possibly where you would have it, too). Would you be happy to get one?

I would probably get mine on the outside of my ankle (not too visible, but it's not like I'm hiding it either by putting it on my armpit or something :P). It would probably be 409112 (not those specific numbers though, for the sake of anonymity, but something similar), my high school student number with my graduation year as the last two numbers (but again, for the sake of anonymity, I didn't actually graduate in 2012). Basically, for me, it would be kind of an ironic twist on the fact that we were all being forced to get tattoos - it speaks for individuality and mass grouping at the same time. It's like, "identity number 409112". It doesn't quite stand out as unique assuming that other people also have similar identity numbers, but it still is unique because only I would have ID 409112. I wrote an in-class essay once where I took the persona of this alien, and I gave myself the name "identity 4091" haha. I'm really into writing and literature and stuff, and this tattoo would also represent that passion of mine, especially cause it's kinda reminiscent of some Orwellian themes.

So basically, my tattoo would represent:

1) Me, because that's my identity (kinda) - only I am ID 409112

2a) The semi-irony of having a unique identity number, although it doesn't quite stand out from another ID number and could easily be mistaken for something like "ID 490112"

2b) It would kinda, in this way, also represent the way everyone in this world was forced to get a tattoo, and even though it could be whatever they wanted, being forced to get tattoos doesn't really demonstrate freedom or individuality since everyone was getting them

3a) My passion for writing because of that essay I once wrote

3b) My passion for literary analysis (which I've only found this year) because the tattoo's symbolism would be kinda similar to the themes Orwell explores in his dystopian novels

I think I would be happy to get it, solely because I'm happy about my choice of tattoo and think it would be cool in this situation :P

Go anon if you want, if it helps you answer more openly / honestly.

• I'd be happy to get it but would only get one
  • I'd be happy to get it and would get more than one!
  • I wouldn't be happy about being forced to get one
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't be so happy about it but I would get a wonderfully colored sugar skull to show my love of aesthetics but also because of the celebration it stands for, the Day of the Dead.

Simply put, I believe that remembering our dead makes us inadvertently become painfully aware of our own mortality. With that mindfulness we stop taking life for granted and learn to cherish the present. I guess in this way, my tattoo would be a sort of "carpe diem" under graphic form.

As for where I would get it, well, that would have to be somewhere I could easily see it!

What Girls Said 8

• If I was ever in doubt about if you were a dork this would most deff make mi a believer once again. LOL! so cute. hehehehe. miss you.

• Id get a leo tatoo.I'm a leo and as a lion am courageous protective of loved ones and my territory.I love the lime lite and attention.like me patrick swayze,madonna,whitney houston and robert redford are all leos as well. We are also very generous and giving people.we love nature animals and people.I as well as a lot of leos have huge hearts and get hurt easily.but basically leos Are wonderfull,loyal friends and lovers.and will go out of their way for you if youv captured their heart.and for a loved one.that's why I am getting a. Leo tattoo.

• Prob would end up designin mi own =P BOOM!

• LOL! I got another three points LMFAO!

• love you too <3 <3 <3

• Id refuse,'take my liberty or give me death'

• What if they tortured you instead of killing you? And the torture was giving you a tattoo? And before they gave you the tattoo they gave you a choice of what you wanted? :P

• I would have a tattoo under my breast, where no one could see it, because I don't want one any way. xD

What would it be? A cross.

• My nails

• I wouldn't be happy id go into hiding

• I really do not like tattoos on my body so I would probably have it put somewhere where it's not visible and have it made really small. Lol, maybe I could get a mole tattooed on my leg or something and have it made to look exactly like a mole so no one will know the difference.

• Lol. Nice. But in this world, everyone has to get one, so everyone knows everyone has one... so people would ask what yours is. You'd be okay with saying that it was one of a mole? :P

• lol, yep must have been. Too bad you can only see it through a telescope. That would actually be pretty awesome if it was that small and if the only way you could see it was through magnification. It would solve my problem of not wanting a tattoo that actually looks like a tattoo.

• Lol but see the whole point of this question was to see what you value or cherish so much in your life that you'd be willing to have it on your body permanently. Stop loopholing it :P

What Guys Said 5

• So basically you want a tattoo, but want someone to 'make you' get it so you can fight the system but secretly like your tattoo?

;)

I'd get my kids birthdates over my heart.

• i wouldn't be happy that I have to get one but if I did id just get a tatoo of a duck on my right hand. Just to be random :o

• I'd fight that hard.

• I'd get a hippo!

• I'd get it on the inside, even if it hurt like eight bitches on a bitch boat.