What works best for you for getting rid of split ends? Or avoiding them?

My hair doesn't have that many split ends, but I really want to know how to treat them, and how to avoid them? are there any sprays that you guys use to avoid them before straightening or curling your hair? thx!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the best way would be to avoid all heat products. The only way to get rid of a split end it to trim it off. Whenever I use heat on my hair I always use either Tresseme heat protectant or CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray. Those are the best out of all the ones I tried.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't use a straightener or a curling iron would be best, at least for a while. There are some hair protectant sprays out there though if you insist.

Maybe try cutting your hair a little more than a trim. Also, don't bleach your hair.

What Girls Said 6

• I think the best is to put lots of conditioner on the ends.

• Well this is from my experience. :) trim them regularly, try not to comb yet after bathing. use your hands instead. Then let it dry that way. sometimes, regular combing can cause hair ends damage so instead of combing regularly, comb it during night. before you sleep100 times. But if you can't go out without combing nicely, try it at home during your off. it works for me:)

• the only thing that will remove it is cutting it off. the hair strands are dead that's why it can't repairs itself like the skin can for an example. So any product that promise to repair split ends are just fake. So cut the bad off and go easy on the blow drying and styling tools. Use oils like jojoba oil in your hair to protect it from dryness, ehich will cause it too britle and split. And put your hair up in a ponytail, bun or braid it before going to bed.

• I protect the ends by wearing my hair up in a bun instead of it rubbing against my clothes but then again I'm trying to grow my hair past should length the 'awkward' stage

• I always always have my hair up, its either half up or half down or in a messy bun, but I've heard you can get split ends from wearing it up?

• I have curly hair, like when we thin it, lol we fill up a sink, ik its gross, anyways, I wanted to rty something different so I straighten it now, It has cause a lot of dead hair, but I personally like it better, in my profile picture, I'm the one in the middle, and that's how I'll usually wear my hair :)

• Ya me too but my hair doesn't get too thin or wavy when its wet curlynikki.com and naturallycurly.com helped me too but trying to find new ways to grow your hair out can be addicting 0:)

• Cutting them is the only way

• Yeah that's what I thought...I was just curious if people had any ideas on how to prevent them, I'll end up cutting them off though lol :)

• Avoid them by not using heat on your hair