Why am I having troubles attracting guys?

I have been told I'm very attractive by many people. However, I have been having a hard time attracting guys lately. I recently broke up with my boyfriend (6 weeks ago) and have been going out more often now. This weekend I was at a street dance and absolutely no guys seemed the least bit interested in me! In fact, 3 guys directed their attention to a friend of mine who is less attractive. Why would they pay more attention to her and not toward me? Any speculations?!

People have been saying that maybe I'm looking sad/depressed. That is not the case! I've been trying to have fun...as my name says: I'm ready to live! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• "People have been saying that maybe I'm looking sad/depressed. That is not the case! I've been trying to have fun...as my name says: I'm ready to live! :) "

Well, to be fair, you don't really wanna judge yourself based on one experience at a street dance. That's kind of like a guy evaluating himself after going out to a club and having trouble attracting girls there. Everyone's so full of themselves and fake, you'd be lucky to find a genuine person in those kinds of environments.

Go to some more laid-back places like the bookstore or even at school lounges. Furthermore, if you're wondering as to why your friend is getting more attention than you, might want to study her a bit. You never know what you'll find out... but just don't hold a grudge. =)

What Guys Said 4

• ...

Or, you could be way too attractive and the guys are intimidated. So they focus more on your friend who you say seems less attractive because it's easier to approach her. But I'd like to think that we don't live in a shallow world so I would say that perhaps you were just giving off the wrong kind of body language especially considering that you had just broken up with your boyfriend.

• Hmmm, this could be a number of things, do you walk around with a slightly depressed face? or even like a nasty look? sum girls who have just gotten out of a relationship especially one that leaves a sour taste in their mouths, well they carry sum type of nasty little twitch with them if you get me

Either that or your ex spread rumors about you, are you going to parties where a lot of people know you? just a thought, could be anything tho

• You're probably not smiling and laughing a lot. Such gestures imply that you can offer guys fun and happiness (which makes them more attracted to you).

• You also need to look at guys so they get a vibe you're interested in them, otherwise they're less likely to approach.

• Did people give you reasons why they told you look sad/depressed? If the haven't told you so, you should ask. They might have some legitimate points you might be unaware of.

I'd also recommend being more patient. You've been out of this relationship for 6 weeks. You don't need to suddunely bounce back into a relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe you need to take an interest in a guy, instead of waiting for one to come to you. Guys may be intimidated by your beauty, but I'm sure if you went up and talked to them they would be more than delighted and would respond accordingly!

• If you look sad or depressed guys won't be attracted to you. If you don't smile or laugh a lot you're not going to seem like you want to be approached. Guys don't want to bother a girl and have her get pissed off and possibly cuss them out lol. They approach girls who seem like they won't say no.