Women limited by what they find attractive?

Someone I know said that men have it harder dating. But I think that's too simplistic. I think women have a hard time dating due to the limited number of men they are attracted to. They are not going to pick any guy even if he's good looking and great personality. Also because women differ in what they like much more than men it becomes hard for both genders to find the one. Do you think men or women have it harder or is it equal or just slightly harder for one?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think men are attracted to more women than women are too men. It's actually biological. Men are meant to make as many offspring as possible, while women carry the child for 9 months so she needs to find a good mate. I know for myself maybe only once a day will I find someone attractive. 95% of guys I see I am not attracted to, I've always been that way. I don't even have a type either. All of the guys I've found attractive look different. It's either there or not. Guys on the other hand are much more able to find women they see "doable" and attractive, at least from what I've seen and heard.

• I 100% agree like a guy can be good looking with a great personality but a woman won't feel it from him but in vice versa if a girl is attractive with a good personality good number of men would at the very least go on a date with her. Also women vary so much on what they like while men not as much.

What Girls Said 5

• I can't speak for men as I am not nor will I ever be one lmao.. so I cannot say who has it harder. But I completely agree that picky people close themselves off from many dating opportunities they would otherwise have. I think its probably equal because both genders have picky people.

• i think it can go both ways...

• SOME women have it harder. Like let's say there was a girl who was a 5 or 6 trying to get a guy who's a 10. The woman knowing from experience knows that she couldn't really get him as easily unlike a 9 or 10 would.

• for me personally yes!

i have a lot of good looking guy friends who also have a great character but since there is no chemistry I wouldn't date them...but I think a guy would date any nice, good looking girl...

so for me there has to be this kind of sparks and chemistry

• Depends on the person's situation. I have a hard time because guys never approach me . It's hard from because what I've experienced, guys are too picky about looks. I know not all guys are but, the one's where I live are usually that way.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it's just about equal. Both genders have their advantages and disadvantages. Men have to work more when they're dating, as Moloch pointed out. Meanwhile, women often feel pressured by society not to approach the guys they like and make something happen, and so have to wait for guys to approach them, which doesn't happen often at all for most women (of course, they can approach guys if they want, but many feel pressured by society not to). Also, women do have to work harder to look nice, and while I spend maybe half an hour getting ready for a date, they often spend hours on it :O. There are other pros and cons to both sides of course, but I'm too lazy to think of more haha.

• Harder for men, we have to work for it.

• Ok so this is an old question, but here's my sexist and offensive answer. You can disagree with me, but it just means that you're denying how the current world works.

Less attractive women are able to have sex more easily with attractive men than less attractive men are able to have sex with attractive women. The reason is obvious, more men want "just sex" than women. It's a matter of statistics.

So women get this idea that if they can bed an attractive man, it surely means they can date an attractive guy. Wrong. The attractive guy will pick a long-term mate that is equally or more attractive than him, because he has that luxury. Women lose their attractiveness MUCH more as a factor of age, and men tend to have more socio-economic power in the world. Truth is men tend to marry women that are better looking than them, younger than them and women tend to marry men that are of higher socio-economic standing than them. Feminists the world over don't like to admit these facts, but its true.

So this leads to a lot of women in their late 30s and beyond who are unmarried and can't find "Mr. Right". Truth is they're picky, and that they aren't Mrs. Right. As I said to my sister and got slapped for (we don't speak anymore), why would "Mr. Perfect" want to date some morbidly obese slob with drug problems? Same goes for unrealistic guys, why would a young, attractive woman want to date a chronically unemployed, socially adroit, short, balding loser?

People need to accept that we're all limited by our relative attractiveness. For women, they can start losing weight if they are fat or dressing better and acting more feminine. For men, we can man up and act more masculine. Get that good job, go to the gym more often and start leading. Acting like confident men and acting like confident women.

But instead as Americans, we like to blame the "media" or the "government" or "big business" for our problems. All so we don't have to look in the mirror and admit that we're the ones to blame.

• harder for men because in my opinion, since men have to do all or most of the the work in order to get a date, relationship, men have to have good social-skills, conversation-skills, women not so much since they don't have to initiate conversation, they don't have to prevent any of the awkward silences, pauses, etc.

A socially-retarded, socially-inept woman, the odds are in her favor of landing a relationship much more than a socially-inept, socially-awkward, socially-retarded man

• men have a much higher sex drive than women. That's the cause of it. That's why gay men have their sex and dating lives way easier than anyone else. They both have a high sex drive.