What's cuter. A guy and his puppy dog or a guy and a baby kid. Explain

They're both probably cute to women, however I'm never sure which one is cuter. I don't have a kid, thank god, or a baby sister/brother but I do have a dog (even though she's fully grown and not a puppy anymore). So what's cuter?

Most Helpful Girl

• Both, really. But a guy interacting with an infant or small child catches my attention more. Because it can give me some possible idea of what he'd be like with future children, especially if the child is his. However, it would also give me pause to wonder about his relationship with the mother, particularly if the child is not yet a toddler. Like are they together still, and if not, what kind of baggage is involved?

My boyfriend has a four year old son, who I've not met yet. I didn't know he had a child until right before we started dating. He's trying for custody of his son, and was with him and the mother for the first three years of his life. He couldn't handle their relationship anymore, and left her about 6 months before we got together. She lives in another state and he hasn't been able to see his son since he left, about a year ago now, but he's doing everything he can in his position to support and stay in contact with him since then, and is working on custody. His relationship with his ex is horrible, and while I wish they lived closer so he could see his kid, I'm glad she's not around to cause problems, even though he wants nothing to do with her.

Things like THAT are things I have to think about when I'm considering a man with a child. Those are the things that would flash through my mind. In an ideal world, he'd have custody and a civil relationship with the mom, and she'd otherwise be completely out of the picture, no drama, no bulls.hit. But those aren't the cards he was dealt, and I'm along for the ride because I've committed myself, and am helping him with everything the best I know how. The baggage and turmoil suck, but hopefully the end result will be worth it, and I have no problem at all with him having a child in general. I can deal with that, I love children and I can/will take on a parental role when/if that time comes and he gets custody. I came to terms with that fairly early on.

What Girls Said 20

• I'm personally an animal lover and especially a dog lover. I would go for the guy with a dog (puppy or not, I don't care.) I don't hate kids, nor am I worried about whose kid that belongs to. So the reason why I would choose the guy with a dog is because it's nice to be with someone who understands how I feel about my own dog. My dog is my world (I'm quite aware that I sound crazy when I say this lol). And I guess my dating slogan would be: Love me, Love my dog.

• Puppy dog. I love puppies. Kittens are good too. And foals, and ducklings...and baby deer...and calves. Any kind of baby animal.

I have triplet siblings. That's three babies crying, three babies needing to be fed, three babies to keep away from the stairs, three diapers to change, three that keep you up at night...and all that jazz...yup, my view of infant humans is not a good one at the moment lol

• Dude! Don't make me choose lol, um how about, a guy with a puppy and a baby!? : )

Seriously, I love puppies, so much. I'm a huge dog lover, however I also love babies!

I love babies and kids and hope one day I get to be a mom, so this a very hard choice.

But, I stick with, guy with puppy and baby, best of both worlds, can't beat that! : )

P.S. I like your screen name, and I totally agree. The 90's were the best, and I miss them

all the time!

• Being 17 :) a guy my age with a kid would actually do the opposite 9lol especially if I wanted to go up to him and get the #)

But even if I was 30 ..my answer would still lie with the puppy ^-^ it's a puppy what could be cuter? It's fluffy, soft, licks, and you just want to eat them up so a guy with his puppy..that's so cute :)

• Firstly, I love both!

A puppy. There is less commitment behind it (I mean... if it's too much you can get it adopted, it's a bit more harsh with a child) and also, puppies can be so adorable! I think there's a factor of we can't understand/predict them 100% so there's a bit of mystery behind them. :)

Eg, if a doggy paws at your leg, he could want fuss & love, or food. If a child did it, you'd think it had a problem.

• a guy & a kid.

puppies are incredibly cute & adorable but idk...a guy just seems more gentle & fun & stuff when he's with a kid haha

• Puppies or dogs(:

• Because I'm an animal lover and it would make me think he's possibly a responsible person to take care of a pet and its sweet to see that caring side towards a child or pet but my first thought of a guy with a child isn't anything bad, just the possibility its his and he's in a relationship or if not a child comes with the mother of the child and possible drama because of their relationship and/or who they want around their child etc..

• A guy and his puppy.

A guy an his baby kid usually means drama + complex situation + me and that's a situation I tend to reject. I'm too young to be forcing myself to grow up and be more mature than I am in some ways so that I can date a guy with a child. And who knows, if things get serious, be put in a position where I have to play somewhat of a mommy role.

• *play that role earlier than I'd like to.

• It's like even if you do go into that situation with a positive open mind, embracing the situation for what it is; you may get attached to that kid then break up with the father. Then what? You never see the kid again? What about the kid's perspective? That child has gotten attached to an adult who really doesn't have any solid position in their life. I don't think people realize the domino effect of complexities they choose when they get pregnant out of wedlock.

• or choose to spread their seed to a female they don't take very seriously furistically

• a dog I'm not in to guy's with kids

• Nor the other way around. I couldn't date a girl with a kid

• exactly you know you couldn't trust her with birth control , and I can't trust a guy like that to keep it in his pants

• yeah, it really sucks when there are some great guys out there who couldn't control themselves sexually and now they have children. In some cases, more than one child. It changes the entire dynamic of the relationship.

• a guy and his puppy, even if it's a dog or a few other animals in general actually, since my current boyfriend has horses and such. My ex boyfriend had a German shepherd / husky mix, and when I'd go over to his house it was always cute seeing the way he would play around with him and talk to him lol

Not every baby to me is cute either, but honestly I generally prefer animals haha

• I'll notice the puppy before I'll notice him and I don't notice babies at all. Go with the puppy

• Explanation. I'm a dog person absolutely love them. Have you ever seen an ugly puppy cause I've seen some ugly babies. Not all puppies look the same. Plus if a guy is smart he can use the puppy to approach women

• A dog, a baby makes me wonder if it belongs to him.

• Puppy. I hate children.

• Puppies. I don't like children or find them cute.

• i love kids so I would definitely say a guy with a baby

• You're the first one to say baby. Why are you the minority so far?

• well I don't know why I am the minority, but to me a guy with a kid usually shows that he's sensitive and caring... to me at least a guy with a dog shows nothing... however I'm not gonna be subjective and say 'im only gonna date a guy with kid(s)'... does that make sense?

• I would say a puppy. I am not the type of person that thinks every baby is cute.

• A guy and his puppy are cuter because as I'm huge lover of dogs, I would go up to them and pet the dog.

• dog by far

but that's because I am an animal lover

• Ahh, that's hard! Both are cute :D

I pick the puppy, cause I love animals.

• A puppy is far cuter.

• Babies cry and drool, but when they aren't doing those they are somewhat cute. Plus, when you greet a puppy they give you much attention and (almost) automatic affection. When you greet babies they either just stare or throw Cheerios all over the place.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on if the baby is cute or not. You don't want this link

So a puppy is probably the better way to go.

• "Puppy dog guy" is definitely "gayer".